Pages

Followers

Monday 19 March 2018

Just A Big Kid!!!

At the moment I am like a kid waiting for Christmas.
The tickets for The Quilt and Stitch Village at the local racecourse arrived last week and we are visiting on the Sunday which just so happens to be my birthday in just under a month.
I have told Andy that as it is so close to home I will be filling the car, coming home to off load and then going back to fill it up again......he looks really scared....lol.
In actual fact I am making a very considered list and so far have on my list.....a Stripology ruler, a stock up on the Schmetz machine needles I love and a selection of blenders suitable to go with two lines of Christmas fabrics I have already. There may also be a purchase of a fat quarter bundle from a new fabric line if I can find one I like......or should I say if I can narrow it down to to one. There are some stunning collections out there but it will all depend on what the stalls still have left as we are going on the last day.

I am so thankful for a not so full laundry basket today as going across the yard to the tumble dryer is not very pleasant with a very spiteful and freezing wind to contend with. Two more loads and it will be done for this week thank goodness.

Tea will be whatever DD feels like when she comes in but whatever it is it will be quick and easy as it always is when Andy is on afternoon shift.....I don't think it will be salad today though.
.....and when I have run around with the hoover I guess you all know what I will be doing for the rest of the afternoon....yes.....sewing.

Hope you are all keeping warm....and safe if you still have snow.
Sheila-x-


10 comments:

  1. I've seen that quilting show advertised on Facebook today, it couldn't be more perfect for you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to go for a number of years Vix but something has always come up.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I k ow just how you feel, it will be Wonder Wool fairly soon and I am looking for more storage room. I have knitted through a fair amount of yarn already this year so I must need to buy more. I really must.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you need more yarn Pam and if there is a show dedicated to it...well I think it would be rude not to buy any...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. What an exciting thing to look forward to and a good way to spend a birthday. Very cold here, meat pie with mash, veg and hot gravy for tea to warm us all up xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited Cheryl. We don't have anything in the way of craft or fabric shops round here.
      I bet that meat pie was good.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I am so jealous, I had planned to go to the Duxford Quilting Show, but the snow stopped me.. I was so disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a shame you missed out on Duxford. It's lovely there and the quilt show is on my bucket list.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. So that's why he got rid of the van! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crafty bugger....I never thought of that....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-