Pages

Followers

Monday 12 March 2018

Many Rivers To Cross!!!

Good grief....DD and I went into town this morning. It was raining and there was water laying on the road although not an excessive amount.
We have just come back and it's like the flippin' Ganges out there. The road is flooded all the way across from one side to the other and quite deep all the way from town.
The trouble is that even if we tried another way back there will be flooding at some point as we know from experience.
This is the first time we have done floods in little Agnes the Kia. She did good but I don't fancy doing it again any time soon.....and our weather forecast is heavy rain all week 😒
It won't matter if we don't get out again as both freezers and the apocalypse stores are full to busting so we won't starve.

Having been out for a few hours I need to get a shufty on and catch up with getting the laundry done and wash all the pots Andy has kindly left for me before he went up to bed.

Hope your day is not quite as wet and drippy as it is here.
Sheila-x-


8 comments:

  1. Rather chilly...just home from work and have lit the fire x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cold here but we are still waiting for the oil delivery so the heating will go on for an hour later to take the chill off.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Wet here too although no actual flooding yet. At least it's a bit warmer at the moment. I cried my eyes out at call the midwife too, Sheila, so you were not alone xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's warmer here today and I have the windows open which is bliss.
      Oh it was such a sad ending. I will miss it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Widdling down here. Just got in from work and lit the fire.... Jim jams on... not moving from that fire tonight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a lovely cosy evening Cherie.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Hope the rain doesn't cause any major flooding in your neighbourhood.
    We've been hovering around freezing point all day with flurries off and on all morning - it's just gone 6pm and all of a sudden the snow is coming down quite hard out there! I'm beginning to think this Winter is never going to end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The road was so bad Margie that it got closed later on in the afternoon.
      As much as I love snow I'm hoping we don't get any more. I am ready for a few warm dry days now to get some outside jobs done.
      I hope you are safe and that the snow hasn't caused too many problems.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-