Pages

Followers

Friday 2 March 2018

Frisky Friday!!!

Golly this wind is horrible. All the snow that has fallen is being blown into drifts and causing a few headaches for drivers on our country lanes. 
Andy has a ten minute drive to work but last night it took him half an hour. This morning DD went off in her little Kia but was soon back as she was sliding all over the place and couldn't get off the estate. She ended up taking Andy's van with it being a lot heavier and I got a phone call to say that she made it safely there.
The noise is driving me demented and making my head pound.
We are supposed to be getting more snow today....another four inches. I hope we don't.

The sewing machine got cleaned yesterday and a cover was made..........


A large shopping bag from Home Bargains which had hardly been used. Handles removed, bottom cut out and zig zag stitched across the top to keep it closed. Ten minutes to make and it cost 79p so I call that a bit of a bargain......plus I love the picture on it as it reminds me of the band of trees at the bottom of our road.

More fabric cutting today and maybe a bit of laundry.. if I feel brave enough to open the back door and go across the yard to the tumble dryer.
A nice easy tea of jacket potatoes with beans and cheese and an evening snuggled in front of the tv. I have no intentions of going anywhere today and DD will have had enough of being outside anyway. All she will want is to change into her comfy clothes and eat some hot food.

Please stay safe and keep warm.
Sheila-x-

17 comments:

  1. Love the cover...thought it was a jigsaw to start with! Heidi doesn't even want a walk today x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would make a lovely jigsaw wouldn't it? Not sure I'd like to do it though.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. We have just had a burst pipe. I am currently watching you tube vidoes on how to repair it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you found something to help Cherie.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. It is a worry isn't it if you have to go on the road. Love your cover, great idea. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Marlene. Andy's van is fine but Roz's car is just too light for the deep snow where it's drifted.
      I'm chuffed to bits with the cover.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. That sewing machine cover is a brilliant idea.
    Gah! This weather is horrible. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't claim the idea is mine Vix but I sure do like it.
      Wind is slowing down a bit here now and the snow looks to be starting to melt.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Sheila please watch that the sewing machine does not "sweat" inside the plastic. I speak from experience and made a cloth cover. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth. It's not a permanent cover. My sewing room is next to the kitchen so I just cover it while I am cooking or while I am dusting and then it gets taken off again.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Love the cover. This weather doesn't seem to be easing any I have just been watching the news and there seems to be more to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a tiny bit of snow last night but today it looks like it's melting.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Hope it lets up soon. Snow is no fun after the first fall. Stay warm and safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have to say that I have had enough now and can't wait until it's all gone.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. I have a similar bag for the overlocker but being a lazy bizzim, I just dropped it over the machine as is! Me bad. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love the sewing machine cover - idea punched or not- you are fair clever xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-