Pages

Followers

Wednesday 28 February 2018

The Beast Is A Bit Of A Wimp!!!

Well at least he is round here.
This has been the view from my window for half an hour this morning.......


The biggest flakes we have had so far and now it has stopped and the sun is coming out so it will either melt or blow away when the wind gets up.
I am so over it now. I love it but I want the proper stuff.

It is colder here today though so with that in mind there is a pan of minced beef and onions simmering away on the stove. Half will be cottage pie for tea tonight as Ruby will be here and she does so love cottage pie. The rest I will add some veg to and make it into a stew to serve up with some dumplings tomorrow.

After tidying up in the sewing room yesterday I sat and drew out my plan for the next quilt. I was hoping to make a start on cutting up the fabric but it got too dark by the time I had done a couple of other jobs and cooked the tea. Andy has promised me a new light when he is off for the week at Easter.

The bookcases were put on the list for the weekend until I realised that I will be out for most of it doing Ganma duties and looking after my girls while Mummy is on call for a few hours so that job is now shufted over to next week. I could do it today but it will involve making a mess which I won't have time to clear up properly before Ruby gets here.
They're not going anywhere so next week will do....lol.

OK.....I think a nice cup of tea is in order before I do anything else.
Stay safe and warm if your beast is more beastly than ours.
Sheila-x-

19 comments:

  1. I think the beast maybe a sneaa fellow...circling around until we're nit expecting anything...then wam! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sneaky thank you so much spell changer!!

      Delete
    2. He's wammed us now Jackie so he is very sneaky indeed.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. We’re now snowed in,, Sheila. All schools and colleges closed today and tomorrow-it’s blowing a blizzard as I type. I’m having a sewing day-scrappy mats to be exact. Chicken cooking in the Remoska and we’ll have soup to start. Back to the machine-coffee time over. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Andy managed to get in and Roz managed to get out first thing this morning but heaven knows what it will be like later as it's been snowing for hours now.
      Hope you had a productive day sewing.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I wouldn't call it a beast, but we've had a fair amount of snow here. Isn't it just Winter? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've got some now Jules with bells on and the wind is dreadful.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Defnitely not a beast. We have snow but nothing to get excited about. I thought it was really going to come down this morning but it quickly stopped. I have been swapping the spare bedrooms over and am shattered now. The tidying up might have to wait until tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hit us now Cherie....bucket loads of it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Our little island community has already been snowed in once today. When will people learn that daft driving on our only road in and out is plain stupidity. Apart from that I am making the most of being home and crafting merrily. Poor Geraldine my treadle is just about to have a good old clean and oil. Whopping great pot of pottage bubbling nicely. Don’t like to sound smug but it really has been a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live on a country lane with a 40mph speed limit which most drivers ignore and it can be quite scary at times getting into town.
      Hope you had a very merry crafting day.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. LOts of snow here in Suffolk 6+ inches.Most schools in Suffolk closed and roads dangerous - not that I've seen any roads - stayed in the warm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like we might be looking at 6 inches if it carries on like it is at the moment.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. We had a smattering of snow last night, but it hasn't stayed. All gone now. We've had a sunny windy day today and I believe it is cold, don't know personally as I haven't been out.

    My husband has had to fill the bird feeders twice today which is unusual as once a day is usually enough. Poor little things.

    Joan (Devon)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of our bird feeders are full Joan but there don't seem to be any birds visiting at the moment. I certainly haven't seen any this morning.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. No snow here at all, but we are in the West.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have The Beast and Miss Emma visiting this morning so it's quite noisy outside.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  9. The beast's not that beastly here - thank goodness. We had far worse before Xmas.
    Looking forward to seeing your next creation.
    Have a lovely cosy evening! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's bad here this morning Vix.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-