Pages

Followers

Monday 26 February 2018

All Sewn Up!!!

Well the skill trade worked very well yesterday. I got a lovely lunch in exchange for a neck cushion and a little mat for Smudge to lie on.


I used a remnant of fabric from Dunelm £1.50 big enough to do the front and back and some offcuts of wadding.
The bone motif was a bit of an afterthought so isn't as neat as I would have liked but Smudge dog likes it.

After a couple of evenings using our new furniture we are very happy with our choices. We have gone for smaller pieces in a black leather look finish....a small sofa and two gorgeous armchairs. Andy has one of those bentwood armchairs that feels like you are going to fall through the wall when you sit on it. Not quite my thing but he likes it.
We also bought a nest of two coffee tables...one for between the two armchairs and the smaller one goes by Andy's chair so now there is somewhere for us all to put our drinks.
The next thing is to decorate so I am now looking at wallpaper for the chimney breast wall and two different colours of paint for the rest of the walls but I won't be starting any of that until the weather warms up enough to have the windows open as I can't stand the smell of new paint.

Today I am doing a bit of cooking and making a curry from scratch. Heaven knows what it will taste like but I wanted something hot and filling for DD to come home to after being out in this biting wind and snow.
We don't have much snow today....according to the weather forecast we will be getting more tomorrow and then small amounts for the rest of the week.

Right....I am off to prep everything for this curry and make Andy a drink before he goes to bed to get his sleep in before his night shift.

Stay warm and safe everyone.
Sheila-x-

6 comments:

  1. Love Smudges new bed, our furry friends do love their home comforts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smudge certainly likes his home comforts MM. He can usually be found in the best seat in the house while the humans perch wherever they can....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Poang chairs are a perennial favourite in our house since ever they came out. They get passed from one family member to another and my husband still yearns to have one even though we have a lovely cosy armchair for him.(He hates it because it’s leather.) Just done our big shop and now off to make soup. Enjoy your curry-it’s just the weather for it. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy has been after a Poang for a long time too Catriona and now he's like a cat that got the cream....lol. I can't sit on it....I'm terrified it's going to snap in half or something.
      I'd love to be making soup today but the freezer is full of it so I'll wait until the stocks have gone down a bit.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. We have amchairs with wings... very stately! Looking forward to a big reveal x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall take pictures when the decorating is done Jackie.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-