Pages

Followers

Monday 5 February 2018

The Weekend That Whizzed By!!!

Honestly.....I just don't know where this last weekend has gone. Such a lovely weekend it would have been nice to hold onto it for just a little longer.
Ruby was thrilled to be taken by Aunty DD to her favourite restaurant on Friday....The Wing Wah Chinese Buffet.
The rest of the evening was spent watching Pitch Perfect 2 and the new Frozen short.

Saturday was a miserable day weatherwise with rain and snow bucketing down all day but that didn't dampen our shopping spirits at all...lol.
Ruby shopped until she dropped spending her birthday money on some clothes, some toys and some crafting goodies. Ganma was a little more restrained and just bought necessary fabric and a bit of indulgent fabric plus a couple of boring bits.....interfacing and Heat 'n' Bond.
Back home to a requested meal by Ruby....sausages with mashed potatoes, vegetables and lots of gravy then another evening of film watching....Pete's Dragon and Zootropolis.....and popcorn but not for me....I think it's like eating cardboard...yuck.

Sunday lunch at the pub with DDIL and Marlowe and then that was our weekend over and done with.
Can't wait until the next one now.

Today I am catching up on jobs as everything stops when Ruby is in the house....so laundry, tidying and a bit of cooking.
I seem to have rather a lot of potatoes so I think I'll make a large cheese and potato pie. We'll have some for tea tonight and then Andy can have some for lunch tomorrow.  I'll portion some up for the freezer for DD's pack ups and that will be that problem sorted out.
I won't do any sewing today as I am not really in the mood even though I am eager to finish the Coin Quilt with Pizzazz now that I have the black fabric to do it.

Oooops....nearly forgot that I have sprayed the top oven ready for cleaning so I had best go and wipe that out before I try to cook anything in it.

Hope you are all having a good day. 
We've had a tiny bit of snow this morning but other than that it's a fairly nice day.
Sheila-x-

12 comments:

  1. Tiny dry snowflakes here too....lovely walk with Heidi and youngest....bitterly cold though....glad to hear you have had such a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had about six snowflakes overnight...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Started off a beautiful day, blue skies and no wind. Sadly the skies are now overcast and we are expecting snow. Sounds like a great weekend with Ruby, the children really do bring us so much pleasure don't they...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much snow here...just a slight sprinkling.
      The weekend was wonderful.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had a lovely weekend. Who needs to do chores when there's so much fun to be had. I'm glad to read I'm not the only one who doesn't like popcorn, even the smell makes me feels queasy. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yes we did have a fabulous weekend.
      The smell of popcorn does that to me too. It's just gross.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a lovely busy weekend! I usually like the weekends as it means hubby and I get out and about and take a walk in nature. I am getting a little tired of the snow though. It was bitterly cold yesterday and cloudy so not a great day. Today the sun is shining which always makes me feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love snow as you know but I would imagine it does get a little tired when it starts to impinge on your every day life.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Tiny flakes of snow fell today. Nothing to write home about and it actually felt a little bit warmer than it has of late. Your weekend sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it felt a bit warmer here too Cherie and the heating didn't go on until evening.
      The weekend really was lovely.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a great weekend x it's freezing here brrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did feel a bit warmer here Rachel but today is very cold.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-