Pages

Followers

Wednesday 14 February 2018

Confused Of Staffordshire!!!

Our electricity supplier decided that as the readings I sent in and the readings the meter reader took were wrong that our meter was faulty.
This morning a new meter has been fitted but the guy doing the fitting thinks that we need a different kind of meter as we have no storage heating or immersion heater and we need to get in touch with our supplier to sort it out.
They can't do anything until the new meter fitted today has kicked in.
I am totally confused by the whole thing.

Late starting on jobs this morning as I had to drag everything out from the under stairs cupboard and now it all needs putting back. Hoovering will have to wait until Andy gets up so I am going to spend some time in the kitchen making soup and cauliflower cheese. The soup will be for the freezer and the cauliflower cheese for tea tonight with some sausages.
Once that is done I have to make another bag but a tiny version for Marlowe. There looks to be just enough unicorn fabric left to do that and then I am hoping to get some strips cut to finish off the Bali Pops Coin quilt.

We've had a bit of snow this morning for about ten minutes but it looks like we'll be getting rain for the rest of the day.
It's flippin' cold so looks like the kitchen is the best place to be for a while.

What are you all up to today?
Sheila-x-

14 comments:

  1. We've had a freezing rain alert since late yesterday afternoon (it's now 5:30 in the morning), school is cancelled and we will likely work from home today as now the snow is falling. Dangerous roads out there. A good day to work on a project or two. Stay warm! Chy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds nasty.
      Keep warm and safe.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I have had a bit of a domestic day... Cleaned the bathroom, chopped a whole pile of logs and had a visit from my son. Just made a 'Golden Wedding' card for a friend and am now waiting for my lord and master (yeah right)to come home from work. He is cooking steak for tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh you domestic goddess you...lol.
      We're having steak tomorrow.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Sounds like an Economy 7 meter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another storm hit through the night, so it was a day in with a book and film in front of the stove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like just the place to be and the things to be doing.
      Hope you had a cosy day.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Great post my dear! Thanks for sharing :)
    I followed you, please visit my blog, and if you want follow me too :)

    https://pandawayofficial.blogspot.rs/2018/02/zaful-review-sweater-and-clock.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cold morning warmed up later...lots of rain...fire lit...both daughters round plus grand dog...in and out to help lady up the road while her hubby is away...early start tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This morning seems slightly warmer here.....but it's still cold and I have the heating on.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Today I went on a bike ride (30 miles), lunch with stepdaughter and granddaughter, then collected donated food for a Valentine's Day Dinner and Show put on by the drama department at the high school I graduated from many years ago. I'm totally exhausted!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thirty miles on a bike? Good grief I'd be shattered after three feet....lol.
      I used to bike everywhere but I wouldn't like to venture onto our lane on one now. The traffic is dreadful and this is supposed to be a quiet country lane.
      Hope you are recovered now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-