Pages

Followers

Tuesday 20 February 2018

Some Necessary Spending!!!

This year we will be spending from our savings on some more essential house maintenance. Nothing exciting....just the replacement of some rendering that has broken down on the side of the house and around the extension which is my sewing room.
We have the builder lined up but just need to wait for good weather before work starts.
There is also quite an urgent need now to replace the sofas in the lounge. We have pushed them to their limit I think and they are very uncomfortable now so on Saturday Andy and I will be off to Ikea to look at replacements.

Today I have a little ironing to do, a bit of tidying and hoovering and then I will get back to the quilt. I have two rows put together and it is starting to look really nice.
A decision has been made on the quilting which hopefully will be simple but look effective.

Right....I will go and tidy up the kitchen before Andy goes to work and then as soon as he's gone I can get on with the rest of it.

Hope you are all having a good day.
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. Bedding out flapping in the breeze...lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be glad when I can get at my washing line as at the moment I have to wade through the mud that is masquerading as a lawn. It's like soup.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Home improvements never seem to end! We want to replace some more of our windows this year. I have definitely been able to tell the difference in the living room from the ones we had replaced. We really need a new sofa too but its main use is for the cat to sleep on and he has trouble getting up on it (he's really old) so his claws catch on it. I can't see spending money so he can catch his claws on a new one. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always something isn't there Sharon.
      Smudge likes to sleep on our sofa too which is why I will be looking at leather again so that it can be wiped over.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. At least you have your builder lined up, that’s half the battle won. I don’t need much of an excuse to go to Ikea, hope you find something you like xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The builder is a friend of the plumber....I just hope he isn't quite as laid back...lol.
      I could live in Ikea Cheryl....I love it.
      My dream would be to gut my house and redo it all in Ikea style.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Thankfully you have a builder already that is a major battle to find one these days. Exciting times, a new sofa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....at least we won't have to spend time looking for one when it's time to get the job done.
      My back will be very grateful for the new sofas.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-