Pages

Followers

Friday 2 February 2018

Triangle Trauma At Tea Towel Mansion!!!

OK......I give in and have to admit defeat.....triangles and me just don't get on at all.
One cushion cover made and put straight in the scrap box to be chopped up for a string quilt at some point in the future.
Nothing I did would make those triangles meet nicely in the middle and by the time I had finished unpicking and redoing it looked like a right pigs ear.
I'll make two more cathedral window ones instead....at least I know I can do those.

No sewing today. When Andy gets back from town I shall be off upstairs to do some cleaning and get the bedroom and bathroom cleaned ready for Ruby coming later.
I can't go up until he gets back as Smudge needs to have someone on constant door duty. His Cushings medication seems to have done the trick with regards him having accidents in the house....apart from the odd one....but he now wants to go out much more frequently.

I am so ready for a weekend of fun and cuddles with Ruby and I know that she was really excited to be coming for a good old spoiling session.
Tonight she is off out for tea with Aunty DD and then back home for snuggling in jim jams and film watching.
Tomorrow will be birthday shopping in Derby....with maybe a bit of fabric shopping for Ganma with more snuggling and film watching in the evening....and then Sunday we are meeting DDIL and Marlowe at the pub for lunch and to hand Ruby back over.

I think I'll sneak in a coffee while I am waiting for Andy.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend.
Sheila-x-

12 comments:

  1. I have some templates for half square triangles, you put them on your 2 layers of fabric and them sew on the dotted lines and cut the solid lines. I will stick them in the post and you can swear at me later if it still doesn't work for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've seen those Pam but have been too afraid to order any in case I mess up even with those. If I could have just a couple to try I would be so grateful.
      I would never, ever swear at you Pam.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Exciting times, a Ruby visit and outing. It doesn't get better than that. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely MM....and we still have the official birthday next weekend.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Cuddles thoroughly enjoyed Cherie.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I did a flying geese cushion cover. I found it very tense!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so frustrating when you can't get something just right isn't it. Poor Smudge. Our dogs don't bark to go out they just stand at the french windows so I have to watch for that but they don't do it often. Enjoy your shopping and Ruby time. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't understand why I can't make them work Suzanne so yes they are very frustrating.

      Smudge doesn't bark to go out either...he just taps on the door.

      Ruby time was fabulous as always.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-