Pages

Followers

Sunday 25 February 2018

Ticketty Boo!!!

Thank you all so much for your get well wishes. I have recovered from whatever it was that me sick although I'm still not sure if it was something I ate or just a 24 hour stomach bug thing.

So sorry for not posting yesterday but it was a super busy day.
Andy and I were up early and out to get to Ikea and crikey me....the whole place is in uproar. They are changing everything round and the entrance wasn't where it was the last time I went, the restaurant has been moved temporarily and things squished into different places.
I am so glad I went with a list and didn't need to browse and apart from the six metres of fabric that landed in me trolley the list was adhered to.
Back home and the two old sofas were turfed out onto the front lawn, the new furniture bought in and built and voila a new look living room which will also get a coat of paint and new curtains in a few weeks when DD is on annual leave.

Andy has had an armchair of his own choosing and but needs a neck pillow for the optimum tv watching head position and Smudge needs a comfy pad to lay on as he is making out that he can't jump up onto the sofa....although he can when nobody is looking...lol.
So today I have done a trade.....Andy is cooking lunch and I am sewing the cushion and the pad from some stash fabric.

There was a hard frost this morning but now the sun is out and the wind is blowing. It looks like it will be a nice day.

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend.
Sheila-x-

7 comments:

  1. It must be a relief to be feeling better now. Lily has been poorly this weekend, there is a bug going around the reception class.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's bugs everywhere....we need a good hard frost to kill them off....as me mother used to say.
      I hope Lily is better.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Glad you're feeling better Sheila. That sort of illness can leave you feeling completely wiped out. Sounds like a perfect trade with Andy, some sewing and then being served your lunch. Brilliant trading skills on your part lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne.
      The skill trade worked out really well.....I may try that again at some point...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you are feeling better. How exciting to get new furniture and now making the finishing touches, a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MM.
      Very excited to get my new look living room. I love choosing wallpaper and paint colours.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I finally went to an Ikea the last time I visited daughter. It was huge! Amazing lot of stuff and the prices weren't as bad as I thought they were going to be. Glad you found some new things for your living room!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-