Pages

Followers

Wednesday 7 February 2018

It Just Smelled Sooo Good!!!

No cheese and potato pie for tea tonight.
It smelled so good when I had made it that I decided DD and I would have it for tea last night instead.
Ruby still had her tomato soup though. She wouldn't eat the pie as it has onions in it....she can spot a fleck of onion at fifty paces....lol.
I have had to come up with something else for tonight so....a bag of frozen cauliflower that wants using, a little white sauce and maybe some peas and Charlotte potatoes all served with a lamb gravy and some mint sauce. It's what I usually make from leftovers when we have had lamb on a Sunday and I call it Sunday Dinner Soup. Very satisfying eaten out of a bowl with a spoon while we watch something either on tv or dvd.

I won't be cooking tomorrow as we have to leave home as soon as DD gets in and gets changed to travel to Leicester. We are going to visit my sister Maggie's partner.
Since Maggie passed away in May last year he has kept her craft room just as it was and he would like me to go and see it and also collect some things which he thinks I should inherit.
The only time I have ever been to Leicester was that awful night when we had to rush there to see Maggie before her life support was turned off. We got hopelessly lost and ended up at the wrong hospital and then couldn't find the right one until we came upon it by accident and we only just made it in time. I still have nightmares about it now so I am hoping that this visit will be healing.

Right....I'll go and finish prepping the meal and then I have a load of tea towels that want folding.....but definitely not ironing.

Hope your day is good.
Sheila-x-


8 comments:

  1. Oh yum, love the sound of your Sunday Dinner soup!

    How lovely to be given the chance to have some of your sister's crafty things. Hope it's a good healing visit, Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that your journey is without trauma, I have driven through Leicester several times and it is not easy. Cheese and potato pie, Oh Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be thinking of your Shelia, hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear Sheila...I hope you find the visit cathartic xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you and hoping your visit is healing. How lovely to be offered some of your sister's things.
    Yum to cheese pie! It's one of my favourite things xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is it with children and onions? Lily is just the same.
    Wishing you a safe and healing visit today. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheese and potato pie. Yum! Sorry I missed coming for tea lol. Hope your visit goes well. It will be tough but take a deep breath and try to remember the good times with your sister. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet sad tale. I hope you know Your sweet sister is with you always. So talk to her sometime sweetie!Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-