Pages

Followers

Friday 9 February 2018

Frazzled!!!

Well the journey as expected was a nightmare....so many confusing roundabouts it's ridiculous and thrashing down rain didn't help matters much.
We arrived much later than expected but it was good to sit and talk to Maggie's partner and get to know him better.
I had never visited Maggie's house while she was alive so it was lovely to be there and to see the room where she created so much beautiful art work.
I was given the hugest box of sewing materials which has taken hours of sorting out and there are some beautiful things and some very useful things. I'll show you the beautiful things when I get a photo of them and as for the useful things....well.....let's just say.....I will never have to buy elastic again that's for sure...lol. 
Maggie will be having a good laugh at me as I am quite puzzled by the amount of knicker edging elastic there is.
The visit did do some good and I slept very soundly last night with no nightmares although I feel very strange today...rather limp and slightly frazzled round the edges.

Anyhoo I am just pottering....again!!!
A simple tea of sausages and tomatoes with crusty bread for supper when Andy gets in at 7pm and nothing much wanting doing in the house so being a bit limp doesn't really matter today.

Hope you are all having a good day.
Sheila-x-

22 comments:

  1. Glad it went well, Sheila - other than the nightmare journey. Nice to have all the lovely (and useful) things from Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All,s well that end,s well. You can put the slayed dragon behind you now and have fun deciding what to make. Not to mention how many pairs of knickers you can sew. Tea sounds just the ticket, I managed to throw a veg curry in the slow cooker and have turned a tin of apricots out into a jelly. It will be throat soothing after the curry has warmed us up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your curry and jelly did the trick Pam.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Emotion is absolutely knackering...I hope you will remember your sister with a smile each time you see that elastic! Big squishy hug xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emotion really is knackering isn't it Jackie.
      It will be lovely to remember Maggie with a smile rather than the tears of the few months.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Glad you are back safe and sound and got to spend time in your sister's room where she worked her magic creating lovely things. Hope you continue to sleep well now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thrilled it all went well, what a wonderful legacy a smile/laughter over knicker elastic. Looking forward to hearing about the beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be taking pics of the beautiful things either today or tomorrow and will share them.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Glad you had a good visit, Sheila. Looking forward to seeing the beautiful things. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catriona.
      Will share the beautiful things soon.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. At least the first visit was a success and he sounds to be a caring man, thinking of you and giving you the opportunity to inherit some of your sister's sewing stuff.

    From experience I have usually found that the thing I've been dreading isn't always as bad as I'd thought, so am pleasantly pleased that I made the effort. At least that is 'under your belt' now.

    Joan (Devon)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope it was comforting as you went through your sisters sewing bits and pieces, handling a loved ones things that they’ve loved and handled ccan be a soothing experience xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very comforting Cheryl thank you.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  9. Glad the visit went well. Maybe you'll be able to create something that will really remind you of your sister from her bits and bobs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon.
      I will definitely be making something with the beautiful things.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  10. Awww sending you a great big squeeze x knicker elastic by the yard - could be thE name of a new blog!!! Xxx Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I knew how to make knickers I could make enough to last me for the rest of my life lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  11. I'm glad you're feeling better following your visit Sheila. I'm also a little intrigued by the knicker edging elastic. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules I feel much better.
      The elastic is the soft kind that you use to edge the waist and leg holes of knickers.
      I could make myself a drawer full if I knew how.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-