Pages

Followers

Wednesday 21 February 2018

Where Is Me Ruby?!!!

Well I will tell you where she is..........she is currently in London for the day with Mummy.
Part of her birthday gift from Mummy and Daddy was a trip to London which she knew about. What she doesn't know is that the trip includes a visit to the theatre to see Matilda the musical.
She will be beside herself with excitement when she finds out.
I'll miss her today but I have had early morning photos sent of them having breakfast on the train and Ruby's face was like a little ray of sunshine.
Marlowe is having a Daddy day so I expect she will be getting spoilt rotten...lol.

With just a simple meal on the cards for DD and I tonight....bits and bobs from the freezer....the end of a bag of chicken nuggets, some Mozarella sticks and maybe some vegetable spring rolls with a bowl of salad and some dips.....I will be able to have some sewing time and finish putting the quilt top together. I will then have to put it to one side for a little while as I have decided that I don't want to back it with plain black. There is a visit to a local quilt show at the racecourse coming up in April so I am hoping to find what I need there.

DD came home with news last night that the powers that be where she works have decided that her team need to start working weekends again. We have just got used to being free to do what we wanted at weekends and have Sunday lunch at a reasonable time but there is a bonus that every four weeks she gets a four day weekend so that can't be bad and luckily the new rota doesn't interfere with my birthday trip to the quilt show. She seems happy enough with the arrangement.

Just a couple of jobs to finish up and then I will be cranking up the machine and having a peaceful afternoon.

Hope your day is good too.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. Used to work nearly every weekend...now I don't it is rather nice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I worked weekends nearly all my working life. It is rather nice to be at home every weekend now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. What a shame about the weekend working. We now have weekends free for the first time in years. It took a bit of getting used to at first but now I love it. You'll be having to cook your own Sunday roast from now on then 😕
    Hope Ruby has a fabulous time. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been lovely us all being home at weekends for the few months we have been. I'll miss it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Bet Ruby's having a wonderful time, she'll be eager to tell you all about it when you next see her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her Daddy tells me she had a wonderful time and I shall get to hear about it today as she is coming later for a visit.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I hope Ruby has a wonderful time! It sounds like such a fun treat.

    Your tea sounds like ours. I went out to lunch with a friend so didn't fancy eating anything. I did bits and bobs for the two guys. Still trying to use up some freezer stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loves theatre so she will have had a very good time.

      You can't beat a good ferret in the freezer to make a tea out of bits and bobs.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful surprise for Ruby. Such a shame about the weekend working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could have seen her face.
      There will still be weekends off but not every one as she has been having.
      Her employers do love mucking people about.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-