Pages

Followers

Sunday 29 May 2016

Crafty As A Cartload Of Monkeys!!!

Oh yes that was me yesterday. 
To avoid having to go out for a meal I came home with the fixings for a barbecue. I wouldn't normally buy those overpriced packs of meat but T's had some really nice ones at 3 for £10. Threw in some corn on the cob, a bowl of salad, coleslaw, potato salad and some crusty rolls and it was absolutely gorgeous....even though hubby was a grumpy old git at being thwarted.....lol. 
It meant that I was happier to go out for lunch today. We didn't go far....just up to the next village and we had a really lovely meal all freshly cooked and beautifully served. 
I still came out asking the same old question though......why in gawds name can nobody do proper roast potatoes. Today they looked like boiled potatoes that had been put under the grill to brown them off. They had definitely never seen the inside of an oven.

The trip to Derby was about the quickest DD and I have ever done. Out at 8:30am and back home by 10:30am.
Nothing to tempt me fabricwise on the market so all I came home with was a pineapple prep tool, an address book, a magnetic shopping list/meal planner thingy to put on the fridge and a magazine. I soon put that right though by going off to the patchwork shop. DD went off the idea of the skull bag and has set her sights on some fabric I already have in so she just bought the lining fabric. I'll take some pics tomorrow and show you what I bought.

I've just had a blissful half hour or so having my hair sorted out by DD and my toes being licked by Smudge the dog. Eeeeeh it were just like being at a salon. So now I am all relaxed and just about to start on the next stage of the scrappy Christmas quilt. The 4.5 x 2.5 strips are now sewn into 4.5 x 4.5 squares and I now need to sew those into 8.5 x 8.5 squares.
Another job I have lined up is to make myself a pressing board. Hubby has just cut me a piece of wood so I need to sort out some batting offcuts and a piece of fabric to cover it and that's another piece of kit off my list.

Hope you are all having a fabulous day. The sun is shining here.
Thanks for stopping by.
Sheila-x-

2 comments:

  1. BBQ sounds good and wonderful that we still didn't get the predicted Bank Holiday rain!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-