Pages

Followers

Sunday 17 April 2016

New Fabric Stash!!!

Two five metre lengths of poly viscose. Light and floaty for summer clothing projects.

Two and a half metres to make a dress for Ruby with a contrast bodice.

Two metres of good solid cotton to make summer trousers for Ruby.

One metre of each from the Fabric Kingdom collection A Quiet Place. Maybe summer tops for Ruby.

Fat quarters for doll projects.

Beautiful fabric strips to make two lap quilts.
To say I have been thoroughly spoiled over the last few days would be a bit of an understatement. All of the above fabric has been purchased using birthday money. They are not daft my lot.....they know that this will keep me quiet for a good long while.....well apart from the rumbling of the sewing machine anyway.
I was also able to purchase some really good quality machine needles although the price made me cringe a bit and lots of other bits and bobs. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family.
Thank you all too for the lovely birthday wishes in your comments.

Being a bit like a kid in a sweet shop with my new stash I really don't know where to start first. I am waiting for patterns to arrive for Ruby so I can't start there. I suppose I should really start on unpicking the trousers I made which despite careful measuring....or so I thought....have turned out way too big. I have recut the pattern and will recut the fabric once the trousers have been unpicked. What a boring job but I am not wasting the fabric and obviously being too big is much better than being too small.....lol.

My angel hubby is cooking dinner today.....roast pork and all the trimmings.....it smells wonderful.
DD has just been and purchased a few items for the garden. A nice large pot for the Hydrangea which is now sitting by the front door, a small half barrel planter for some Petunias and an obelisk for the Jasmine to twine itself around. There were also enough Petunias left to do a small hanging basket. It's going to look so pretty.

Well I had best go and make some white sauce for the cauliflower and then after lunch I'll start on the unpicking....no doubt accompanied by a swear word or two...lol.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Sheila-x-
 

4 comments:

  1. I'm feeling a little green eyed at the moment. I have a decidedly over tired grouchy husband, and am sneaking time back at the bungalow whilst two pizzas at in the oven for our lunch. It will be worth it....it will...it will! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The roast pork sounds delicious, even better when someone else has cooked it. Beautiful fabrics, you were certainly spoilt you are blessed with a wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You chose such beautiful fabrics X I've some gorgeous summer prints that I'm saving in my quest to be thin! However, I might have a go at a simple long line hider of multiple sins tunic that can easily be taken in if need be ( lol )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of the clothes I make for myself are multiple sin hiders Rachel...:)
    One of the top two fabrics will be used to make a sleeveless maxi dress for summer to wear with a shrug-x-

    Awww Jackie.....it will be worth it me darlin'. If you lived a bit nearer I would have been happy to have you to lunch-x-

    MM....the pork was gorgeous-x-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-