Pages

Followers

Wednesday 20 April 2016

A Monster Came!!!

After a wonderful morning with Marlowe and Mummy yesterday I thought I was done with visitors so I settled down to watch a couple of videos about inserting zips into clothes. I haven't done it for ages so I thought I'd refresh my memory. Just about to get started and all of a sudden I couldn't read anything on the screen. Everything was a blur and yes you've guessed it.....the migraine monster came to call. I ended up on the sofa wrapped in a blanket as I was so cold and the pain above the eye with the aura was awful. I came round at about 8pm. No constant headache but the left side of my head feels like it's exploding if I cough or sneeze.
Those wasted hours really annoy me so I set to on the sewing machine and did some more work on my trousers so that now all I have to do is add the elastic and hem them and I will have a nice pair of smart/casual trousers for Friday evening as hubby has invited me out for a meal.

It's a beautiful day out today but it still feels very cold and I am sat here in a big winter jumper. The back door being wide open isn't helping much but Smudge is having a 'I want to go out every five minutes' day and it saves me playing doorman all day.

There will be a bit of time spent in the kitchen today. Spaghetti and meatballs for our evening meal which is another of Ruby's favourites and then I have to roast some bargain (4p a punnet) baby plum tomatoes with some garlic to make a tomato soup which will go in the freezer. I roasted some of the tomatoes to have with the fish pie on Monday and they were delicious. I just halved them into a baking dish and sprinkled them with garlic oil and garlic and herb salt. Even DD liked them and she is not fond of cooked tomatoes.

What are you going to be doing today?
Thanks for dropping by.
Sheila-x-

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are feeling better. I am going to have a day pottering in the garden, although a little chilly it is dry.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-