Pages

Followers

Wednesday 20 October 2010

Poisettia Easel!!!

Todays card is made with an image from one of my PC Crafter Creatables which I had printed out ages ago and not done anything with. I have cut out several layers and decoupaged them although I couldn't face cutting around the foliage on the very first layer so just skimmed around it with my scissors and then knocked the stark white back with some DI in Antique Linen and Vintage Photo.
The greeting is Papermania and stamped onto a random piece of paper from the bit box then layered onto a piece of gold card edged with a Martha Stewart punch.

I've had an absolutely fab day today. Got up early and got tidied up ready for the royal visit then got stuck into things in the kitchen and made homemade soup with cheese scones for lunch and a sponge cake. Managed to get three loads of washing done and then DDIL and I cut out the hearts I had printed for the favour bags so that is another job off the wedding list. Went upstairs after they had gone with every intention of doing some more boxes and got sidetracked by the poinsettia card.......lol!!! Oh well I shall press on with them this weekend as we have a fairly quite couple of days.

Ruby Doodle was in fine form today. She has had me in stitches with her antics and her giggling. She had some of the soup for her lunch and even a bit of cheese scone the little minx. Her favourite was the tiny piece of cake that Grandma snuck to her......that went down very well and I was rewarded with the most gorgeous smile.
Oooooh I am so going to love looking after her.

Anyway.......it's Apprentice night tonight so I am off to shove the dog off the sofa........don't worry I will let him back on when I have got myself comfortable......lol!!!

Thanks for dropping by today.
Sheila-x-

2 comments:

  1. Ahem!!! I seem to remember someone who was rather worried because they weren't overjoyed at finding out they were going to be a Grandma?!? Told you it would all change didn't I? Well didn't I, HaHa!

    Love the card and I think the toned down white border sets the poinsettia off beautifully.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Sheila, the poinsettia is gorgeous. Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-