Pages

Followers

Sunday 24 October 2010

I've Been An Inky Minx!!!

Can you believe.......two posts in one day?
I got a couple of hours to myself so had a dibble with some inky stuff and a dabble with some digi scrapping.
For the card I got out my most favourite Christmas stamp ever......the one I call Gerts Poinsettia after the friend who sold it to me and then wanted it back......lol!!!
Inked up piece of gloss card with a Mountain Lake Adirondack pad and then spritzed it with water to smoosh the ink out a bit.
Dried it and then overstamped it with a music stamp by Artemio using the same ink pad and spritzed it again.
More overstamping with a cone and foliage image also Artemio in Starlit Silver Brilliance which gave a very subtle effect.
Poinsettia was stamped onto vellum and the top layer was painted with Artists Pearlising Medium on the front of the image and then embossed from the back with a stylus......a technique known as Raising and Indenting.
Used Nestabilities to cut the mats. Cuttlebug Fairy Alphabet for the word.
Glittered lace was from Hobbycraft.
Hope you like it.
Thought Miss Doodle looked like a snow angel in this pic so used a wintery looking kit in DSA for this page.

So sorry for John going out of X Factor tonight. He wasn't one of my favourites but he wasn't the worst contestant.

Rightio........got some sugarpaste with my name on it now so I'll get off and sort it out.
Thanks for dropping by.
Sheila-x-

3 comments:

  1. I love that Poinsetta stamp Sheila, beautiful card using it and gorgeous photo of Ruby Doodle.
    She is a darling
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I do love it when you get all inky ! Gorgeous background, and the poinsettia is stunning. I'm glad you didn't give it back ! Ruby looks adorable too ! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I found that gorgeous stamp in a shop earlier this year after seeing all your fab cards made with it last year Sheila. I was so chuffed!

    This card is another beauty and I absolutely love your inky background. Just beautiful!

    Love Ruby's scrap page too!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-