Pages

Followers

Wednesday 6 October 2010

Glittered Robin!!!

For such a simple looking card I have used an awful lot of stuff in the making of it. My desk looks like the wreck of the Hesperus.
Background is white card sponged with Dusty Concord Distress Ink and over stamped in Royal Purple StazOn using tiny star and snowflake stamps all put together on one block from a set of Papermania clear stamps.
The background for the robin is sponged with Broken China Distress Ink and the robin is stamped in Jet Black StazOn.
Once the panel had dried I applied double sided adhesive sheet and then irridescent glitter.
The robin and the greeting are from a set of unmounted rubber by Creative Expressions.
I think I will do this one in tomorrow mornings class.

At work yesterday I was completely gobsmacked when I got a telephone call from a lovely Australian lady called Jennifer. I hasten to add that she wasn't calling from Australia. She is over here to visit her new grandaughter.
Jennifer wanted to let me know that she was a huge fan of my blog and had been visiting for over two years. How nice was that?
We had a fabulous chat about all sorts of things for about an hour and I think we could have gone on all day.
It made me feel very humble to know that my work and a bit of waffling brings such pleasure to someone. It just makes it all worthwhile doesn't it?

Whoooooo......The Apprentice is back tonight. I am off to bag a place on the sofa for that and then I need to go back up and finish a couple of jobs before bed.

Thanks for your visit today.
Sheila-x-

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful card...love the robin image. Your card has inspired me to use some paper that looks like your papery background...thansk.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-