Pages

Followers

Monday 16 April 2018

What A Weekend!!! (Picture Heavy)

You may well want to get a cup of coffee and maybe a snack as today I am sharing my delicious stash from the quilt show.

I have to say that it may have been a small quilt show compared to the likes of The NEC but it was absolutely fantastic and I wish now that I had taken a camera to take photos of some of the awesome quilts in both the competition and on the stalls. If I had a pound for every time I said 'oh how beautiful' I could pretty much have bought up everything there was to buy.
Ruby loved it and didn't want to leave when it was time to go home and she already wants to know if she can come next year. Her joy in everything she saw really made the day very special for me and I am so glad she didn't get bored at all.
Her special task was to find Ganma beautiful Christmas fabric and the girl did very good indeed.
So here we go with the pics.........

Anything to do with Christmas is a must...lol.

I've been wanting the Quilt As You Go book for a while and I would rather like to make a house quilt so these just had to come home with me.

I love Jenny Doan and am considering a subscription to this magazine.

Ruby's little stash....we are going to make her a pin cushion and a little pouch for her scissors with some of this when she comes for her next sleepover.

Traditional Christmas fabric to go with others already in my stash.

Moda Merrily....which I hope will go with the Winterlude layer cake I already have but if not ther is a metre of each which would make a good sized quilt on it's own.

Funky Christmas fabric to make some small gift bags.

This was a very special surprise purchase by DD. Michael Miller-Fairy Frost which really needs to be seen in real life. She was willing to buy me a half metre of every colour there but to be honest some were not really my kind of colours......purples, copper etc.

General stash. The post cartale fabric will probably become a bag.

My most favourite colour combination and will most likely become a quilt for me 😁

12 fat quarters....haven't a clue what I am going to do with it...lol.

Boring purchases which don't really need a picture....3 metres of 120" wide 80/20 batting, four packets of machine needles and a fabric glue pen plus a pack of refills.

I love everything and can't wait to start working with it all.

One of the best things for me was the fact that once we had had enough we just nipped up the road to drop Ruby home and then ten minutes and we were home and soon tucking in to a gorgeous Sunday lunch cooked by Andy.
......and to end the day....an emergency call out from The Doodle House where Marlowe had decided it would be great fun to stuff raisins up her nose and DDIL was worried she may have to take her to A&E. By the time we got there the raisins had broken down and made their escape back round into her mouth so crisis averted. She loved having me look up her nose with a torch so I hope to gawd she doesn't do it again for the sheer fun of it.....the little scallywag.

I expect you are all thoroughly bored now so I will finish up and go and leave you in peace.
Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

27 comments:

  1. Wow you got some gorgeous stash �� so pleased Ruby enjoyed it so much and has her own stash too .Especially loving the unicorn buttons�� Marlowe and the raisins.Oh my goodness never a dull moment �� Enjoy your stash and look forward to seeing what you and Ruby produce xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just divine Chris?
      Do you know...apart from a baby in arms Ruby was the only child there yesterday...or at least as far as we saw.
      Never a dull moment with our Marlowe. I hope to gawd she isn't going to be like her Daddy who I think spent more time in A&E than he did at home with one thing or another...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I am in awe of your purchases (and a bit envious). What a load of beautiful fabrics. Looking at your pictures gives me sheer pleasure. I am also a quilter and love all things quilty. Patricia, Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Patricia...you should have seen all the stuff I had to leave behind...lol.
      There was some pretty stunning stuff I can tell you.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Just wondering if there was any fabric left for anyone else! :-)
    Some gorgeous colours there - have fun with all the making and it's lovely to know Ruby was so enthusiastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty left Sue. I restrained myself by only taking cash but honestly I could have bought ten times more.
      I can't wait to do some sewing with Ruby.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Love all the fabric especially the Christmas ones. They'll keep you busy and out of mischief! Can't wait to see what you make with them.

    Joan (Devon)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were some truly stunning Christmas fabrics around Joan. It certainly will keep me out of mischief.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Jealousy, that's what I am singing (and feeling). lovely stuff indeed. I have some of Jenny's magazines but stopped buying them as all the quilts are on her site. I have some of those books and refer to them frequently. I dare not go to a quilt or wool show this year, there is not an inch of empty space here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have come the decision not to take out a subscription to Block as having looked through both books almost all of the patterns are on her You Tube channel.
      That's me done until next year I think as far as fabric purchasing goes unless I need something specific for borders or backing. My last box is now full and I have nowhere else to store any more.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Some gorgeous fabrics there. So glad you enjoyed your weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an amazing weekend Jules. I was spoiled rotten.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Wow, what an amazing haul. There wasn't anything I didn't like. How lovely that Ruby had such a good time, its so nice to pass on skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be it now until the show comes around next year MM. I think I might just have enough to keep me going......lol.
      I was shocked that Ruby was the only child there. I suppose most people want be able shop unencumbered by children but I absolutely loved having her there and so looking forward to teaching her some sewing.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. Fantastic finds. I see many happy hours of creativity in your future!! What a delightful expedition, and so glad that Ruby had such a good time. Poor little Marlowe must have been scared and uncomfortable. Glad all turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thrilled Sandi. We don't have a fabric shop nearby so it was great to be able to go and see so many vendors all in one place.
      I was very glad Marlowe recovered quickly and even more glad that she hadn't stuck anything hard like a bead up there.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  9. Fabulous haul and you are so lucky that your daughter is interested enough to go with you and to treat you as well! I have the Debbie Shore book and the Quilt as you go. I’ll be interested to see your makes. The fabric is gorgeous and I was interested to see Kaleidoscope Fabric as they are but 20 miles from where I stay but didn’t come to the Glasgow Show in February. I got a large order of fabric from Fabric Guild thanks to Pam showing her makes and I was pleased with it for the price. I am not buying any more as I am supposed to be using up what I have. It’s great that Ruby enjoyed it-my granny taught me to sew and knit when I was four, my mother could barely sew on a button and my daughter can’t understand the attraction! ( unless it’s shortening trousers for free) Lots of stroking to be done there Sheila before the stitching commences. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very lucky that Roz takes an interest in my hobbies and she loves the fabric almost as much as I do even though she has no interest in doing any sewing herself.
      I hadn't realised Kaleidoscope sold fabric. They had some stunning packs but they were the last stand I visited so I didn't buy as much as I would have liked to.
      I keep looking at Fabric Guild and I will probably order from them if I need any more fabric just to try them although I could actually visit as they are only in Leicester which isn't too far from us...about an hour I think.
      I had to teach myself to sew as my mother and grandmother never sewed so I really want Ruby to have the skill and she wants it too. She already has a sewing machine on her Christmas list...lol.
      Stroking has been done today and I'm sure lots more will be done before I take the scissors to any of it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  10. Good grief Sheila....didn't you do well! I wish you many happy creative hours ahead!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe I actually left the show with a little money in my purse...ha,ha,ha.
      I am really going to enjoy making things with this lot.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  11. Oh Sheila. What a drool worthy post. I can't believe my eyes at how much loveliness you bought. I too love Jenny Doan... I watch all her videos..... I have fabric envy now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it all gorgeous Cherie.
      It's all calling me to sew something but I can't decide where to start.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  12. Happy belated birthday, Sheila! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time at the quilt show. Ruby's little stash and your plans for a pincushion and scissor tidy sound very exciting and I do like Michael Miller prints. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vix.
      Can't wait to get started on some projects now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  13. Oh my... I am drooling! The fabrics are gorgeous and how I so wish I was good at sewing. I'm not although I do have a little play now and again. The Christmas fabrics are wonderful too. Lucky Ruby to have you to teach her :) I look forward to seeing your makes very much xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't decide where to start...lol.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was me going through this post
    “ ohhhh”
    “ oooooh”
    *mentally stroking the Christmas beauties*
    Falling in love with it all!!!
    AND the glittery unicorn fabric - is the same as the glittery fairy fabric I got at the show I went to!!i took cash, paid by card AND the HG spent! It’s a DANGEROUS new hobby for me but I am HOOKED!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-