Pages

Followers

Monday 23 April 2018

Just Another Day At Tea Towel Mansion!!!

Life is plodding along quite gently here at the moment. Jobs are getting done and ticked off the list and the search is continuing for just the right wallpaper and curtains for the lounge.
I have set my heart on red and cream checked curtains and can I flippin' find any I like....no 😒 it looks like I may have to bite the bullet....find some fabric and make them which I didn't really want to do.
The wallpaper is just a case of too much choice and not being able to make up my mind.

Just one little fly in the ointment at the moment. Andy has gone down with a really nasty cold and has almost lost his voice. It just came out of nowhere on Saturday evening and he is feeling pretty miserable.

Healthy eating is continuing. I am now below the target I set for myself and and winging my way towards the next target so I am very happy. The only trouble is that clothes are starting to feel and look ridiculously loose so there may have to be a shopping expedition before long. I loathe clothes shopping.

Tea for tonight is all prepared.....chicken breast roasted over peppers, onions and cherry tomatoes, Italian herbs and garlic with roast parmesan potatoes and some veg. It won't need to go into the oven until about 4:30pm so until then I am sewing.....adding the neck and armhole facings to Ruby's dress and then all I have to do is the hem. My stitch ripper has been on turbo with this project but I have learned a lot and will probably find some more fabric out of my stash to make another one.

Not much in the way of sun here today but at least it is dry and reasonably warm.

I hope you are all having a fabulous day.
Sheila-x-

7 comments:

  1. Hello Sheila, just popped in to say that we got some red and cream check curtains from Dunelm last year. We needed something for one end of the conservatory as it is all glass and looks onto next door's conservatory. The only thing I don't like about them is they have those metal eyelets at the top to put a pole through. They do the job though.

    Joan (Devon)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joan.
      Thanks for that. I think you must have bought the same curtains as I had first seen and wanted but they sold out of the size I needed and I later found that they are discontinued so the search continues.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I couldn't find any curtains I liked when we moved in so made my own patchwork ones - with floor to ceiling windows they nearly killed me!! Hope you find yours ready made.
    Hope Andy feels better soon.
    Your tea sounds a bit like ours - only we had haloumi instead of chicken and loads of peppers! Enjoy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I find some too Vix as I really don't want to make them.
      Andy is feeling much better now thank you.
      I love haloumi so I might try doing that next time.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Good luck with finding the curtains and wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ime on the hunt for curtains too , I either want some fabric from a jumble sale or a pair of curtains so am prepared to wait for them to complete the room xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-