Pages

Followers

Thursday 19 April 2018

A Doing Day!!!

The brightness of the sun had me up and ready to get going at a ridiculous hour this morning so I aim to get some more of the windows washed inside and out, give the kitchen floor a good mop and feed Andy something nice before he goes to work.
Once he is gone I will be settling down and making a start on turning this.......


.....into a dress for Ruby.
The pattern took hours to prepare yesterday as there are a lot of pieces. I am making the sleeveless version at the top.
If it all works out nicely this will be an absolute bargain of a dress as the fabric....just under three metres....cost £4 for the lot from The Rag Market last year. It's quite floppy so I might try starching it a little before I start any cutting.

I'll probably whip up a salad to use up what's left in the fridge and find something to go with it for tea today....I quite fancy an omelette.

Hope you are all having a lovely sunny day.
Sheila-x-

12 comments:

  1. Just catching up with all your news Sheila. Certainly looks like you had a good time at the quilt show - everything you bought is lovely. I think all that fabric would last me a lifetime and longer! It's so sweet that Ruby enjoyed herself, looks like could be following in your footsteps on the crafting front.

    Hope the blood results aren't anything too worrying. My were iffy this time with readings of nearer diabetes than not :( It's those bloody statins - horrible little beggars but if I stop taking them my cholesterol goes through the roof. Ah well, it is what it is.

    Have a lovely day. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely show Suzanne and to be honest had everything I needed so I think that will be my annual quilty fix from now on.

      I've not heard back from the doc so no news must be good news for which I am grateful. My other blood test showed that even though I have now lost ten pounds my blood sugars haven't gone down at all and I think some of my medication is responsible for that. You just can't win can you?
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. What a lovely pattern and such a bargain on the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MM. I wouldn't mind a dress or a skirt in that fabric myself but I doubt I will ever get it again...or certainly not at that price.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Oh my, Sheila, that’s such a grown up dress. Ruby will be thrilled I’m sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she's thrilled Catriona. She does love her dresses.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Ruby will love that dress. The fabric was a great bargain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birmingham Rag Market is a fabulous place to get bargain fabric Cherie.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. It has been a lovely day, quite motivating. Ruby’s dress will look lovely, how special for her that her Ganma can make such beautiful things xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brighter weather really does gee you up doesn't it?
      Ruby will see that I've started on her dress later on today so I hope she likes it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It's the sun wot does it Jackie...it shows up all the muck and makes me feel guilty...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-