Pages

Followers

Thursday 5 April 2018

A Day Tinged With Sadness!!!

Today would have been Maggie's fifty eighth birthday.
I have woken with a heavy heart but I will not sit around moping as Maggie would have hated that.
It will be a very difficult day for her twin as they used to spend the day together and this is the first year they won't but she is spending some time with Maggie's daughters today which I hope will help.

My day will be spent cooking.......chicken and leek pies....one for us, one for The Doodles and hopefully enough to put one or two in the freezer for Ruby visits.
Andy has gone off on one of his wanders so I also hope to get a bit of cleaning done while he is out.
Later....if I am in the mood.....I will tackle that last pair of curtains....if not I will leave them for tomorrow.

Sorry there was no post yesterday but with Andy at home my routine changes and I was out pretty much all day.
We had a drive up to Carsington Water, lunch at the pub, a visit to the garden centre on the way home and then we picked Ruby up for tea. By the time we had taken her home and got back it was quite late and all I was fit for was collapsing on the sofa.

Today we have clear blue skies and sunshine and I am hoping it will last a few days and start to dry everywhere up. I am so sick of rain and mud now.
Hope the sun is brightening your day.
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. Hope you can get through the day with lovely memories of Maggie, Sheila. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sheila...the day will come, the day will go, but the memories will remain. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We woke up to snow this morning which quickly disappeared and we had a beautiful sunshine but still chilly. You will be in my thoughts today Sheila, hold on to all your lovely memories they will sustain you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First anniversaries are especially tough. Hugs.

    I'm tired of the cold. Wishing it would cheer up a little. Here's hoping for sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you got through the day OK. Thinking of you. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-