Pages

Followers

Tuesday 24 April 2018

A Finished Project!!!

This morning before I even did any housework I snuck a few minutes to finish the hem on Ruby's dress......


I'm quite pleased with it but there are things I could have done better so I will be making another one once I have tried it on her. I'm a bit worried the armholes are going to be too big though and as the pattern is already cut to size I may have to see if I can get another one for the same dress.
I have learned plenty from making this......one thing being....as good and useful as pattern weights are...this kind of fabric either needs the pattern pinning to it or to use a rotary cutter.
The starch didn't add much stability to the fabric but I will still do it again with this type.
If I'm not happy with something I will unpick it. I wouldn't have done at one time but if I want a decent end result then I must.....and when unpicking to wear my close work glasses...lol.

I don't know yet what my next project will be. Either something from the UFO box or something for Marlowe to wear.

For now I am off to have my cuppa soup and a read of the papers before I do anything else.
Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-


11 comments:

  1. I think you have made a fantastic job and like you, I have learned the value of a seam ripper. It would also look good with a long sleeved t and leggings. The armholes do look wide Sheila, but my daughter always hated anything tight so would have been delighted. The fabric looks very comfy to wear-no doubt Ruby will give the necessary feedback if it’s not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Catriona...you're very kind.
      Ruby doesn't like things tight so fingers crossed the armholes will be OK.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. That's lovely, Sheila! I love a floral print on a black background and I imagine Ruby will be thrilled to bits with it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like a very simple dress Vix but it had six pieces to make the body of the dress, a zip and neck and armhole facings so rather ambitious for me.....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Great job on the dress and a bonus that making it has taught you a few things too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris.
      I always like to learn something new when I make something and boy did this dress help with that.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Fingers crossed it fits, beautiful fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty fabric , Wish i could get my head into sewing but i get fed up with dropping everything , I give up lol xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-