Pages

Followers

Tuesday 3 April 2018

So Unladylike!!!

One pair of curtains shortened and rehung along with some bad words of a very unladylike nature.
The fabric is lovely to look at but working with it is a completely different matter altogether....and pair number two are the same fabric....arrrrrgh. I've not started them yet as Andy wanted a wander this morning. I had to wait for him to get back from the tyre fitters so we were later than expected going out.
Tester pots of paint to try out my new colour scheme for the living room have been purchased so I'll find an inconspicuous place to try them and I also managed to pick up a large candy stripe bed sheet from a charity shop for use as a backing for a future quilt.....£2 so I would have been daft to leave that in the shop.

Back home now and I am just finishing off the laundry. Andy is doing some jobs outside as surprisingly it is dry and sunny today.
Part of the road into town is still flooded but passable with some careful driving down the middle of the road. Any more rain though will cause problems as the fields either side are still under quite a bit of water.

A quick and easy tea tonight of beefburgers, chips and beans at Andy's request and if I can cope with them I will start the other pair of curtains after tea.

Hope you are all having a good day.
Sheila-x-


6 comments:

  1. I think Spring is in the air as we are having a thorough chuck out. It is about time... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've had a lovely Easter weekend Sheila and especially spending time with Ruby and Marlowe. I never wanted to go home after a sleepover at my Nanna's either. I'd have happily lived there although looking back I doubt there'd have been as much fun to be had if I was a permanent resident :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visitors departed so leftovers for our tea...getting back to normal takes some doing though x

    ReplyDelete
  4. good buy! Fields a showing a bit of flooding around us and our mossy lawn is very squelchy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Curtain shortening is a task enough to make anyone swear like a sailor!
    Isn't this incessant rain a pain? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the 2nd pair is easier than the first, shortening curtains is enough to make a saint swear.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-