Pages

Followers

Thursday 26 April 2018

So Chuffed!!!

I can't quite believe it but Ruby's dress fit her beautifully. Nice enough to wear on it's own but just loose enough to be able to wear a long sleeved t shirt underneath it on a chilly day. She was thrilled to bits with it and has already chosen the fabric for another one in cream with pink roses so today I will prepare the fabric for that...it needs to be pre-washed and ironed as it was the end of a bolt and very badly creased.

Haven't a clue what I am going to cook for tea tonight. I meant to get some chicken out of the freezer last night and forgot so I might have a rootle around in the veg drawer and see if there is anything I can use to make soup. It's quite chilly here today so I think that would be a good choice.

Feeling a bit better today after a good night of sleep so I am hoping to get lots done.

Have a fabulous day.
Sheila-x-

14 comments:

  1. How lovely that she liked the dress so much she has chosen fabric for another one. I’m ironing today as it was getting beyond a joke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was so pleased Catriona.
      Not a huge fan of ironing. Funny you should mention it as part of my post today is about that very subject....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Ruby's dress is gorgeous and I'm so glad to read that it fitted her after all the work you put in. The cream and pink roses sounds beautiful.

    It's still cold here and doesn't seem to be showing any signs of warming up yet. Thankfully we've had an explosion of leaves on the trees so at least I'm looking at some greenery now. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzanne...it was a bit of a relief when it fit her so well and I am looking forward to making the cream one.

      No signs of warming here either. The heating is on at the moment as it is so cold, wet and miserable. Our garden is desperate for a tidy up but if there's time the weather is bad and if the the weather is nice there's no time. Drives me mad.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Thrilled that it was a perfect fit and Ruby loved it. Love the sound of the cream with roses fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MM.
      I'm looking forward to making the cream dress as the fabric is 100% cotton so a little more stable than the black.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I bet Ruby looks really sweet in her new dress. Cold here too. I have put a jumper on... I need some warm sun to seep into my bones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh she did Cherie...it was just the right style for her.
      We really could do with a few weeks of warm weather now. I'm sick of hot water bottles and bed socks.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad Ruby loved her dress, I'm not surprised though, it was lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Vix.
      Looking forward to starting the next one now and then onto some things for Marlowe.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Great that Ruby loves her dress so much. We just need some warmer weather for it now. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please....even I am ready for some warm and dry weather now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-