Pages

Followers

Sunday 10 December 2017

White Out!!!

I can't believe it.......we are snowed in.
Andy has been to the main road and says it looks very dodgy so I don't think we will be going anywhere today. We have just watched a 4x4 struggling to get up the slight incline of our road so DD's little car stands no chance.
I think it will turn to rain later by the looks of it though.

Andy has just let me know that he has to do extra hours at work tomorrow so he will be leaving the house at 8:30am. Perfect.....I will do the shampooing tomorrow as I won't have to wait until he goes to work just after lunchtime. That means I can get some other jobs finished off today, do the carpet tomorrow and get my day off on Tuesday....yay....sorted.

So today....finish the laundry, finish the gift wrapping and decorate the kitchen dresser.

I hope you are all warm and safe today.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. I've just commented on Sue's blog (Our New Life in the Country) that we have rain and wind here. The rain has only just stopped, but for how long? The wind has also died down, but the sky looks full of something. Aargh!
    My husband has spent most of the day shampooing our carpets. He's been meaning to do them for a while as they were marked when we moved in, so that's one job off his list.
    The rain has started again. Glad we don't have to go out.
    Take care and have fun.

    Joan (Devon)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been coming down here all day Joan but I think it's melting as it hits as it's not much deeper now than first thing.
      Apparently we will have more tomorrow and then the temperature is going to rise and see it all off.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Not a flake here in East Yorkshire, very cold though. Think it’s going to be a cold winter xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we will be very glad of the new oil heating but I wish we had been able to get the wood burner in as I am missing the focal point of the fire.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. It has stopped snowing here but we have a weather warning in place. The main road through the village is clear but the side roads are a bit scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're due more tomorrow and then Tuesday it is going to warm up a bit and melt it all away.
      You stay safe.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. The snow came and went here yesterday. Hoping for more though. Hope the vet can sort something out for Smudge, they really do become part of the family don't they. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get some then Suzanne. It has been quite magical here today.
      Smudge is certainly our little joyful boy.It's very sad to see him slowing down and doing things which are quite out of character.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I love a good hard frost just as much as snow Jules especially when it makes everything sparkle....it's gorgeous.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-