Pages

Followers

Friday 15 December 2017

So Weird!!!

Yesterday it was bucketing down with rain all day and got even worse after it got dark and it was freezing cold when DD and I were out shopping.
At around 1:30am the rain was so loud on the dining room roof that I couldn't hear myself think and then all of a sudden it started snowing big fat heavy flakes which even on the soaked ground were laying.....and then it froze over and the roads and paths are absolutely treacherous now.
I won't be going anywhere today then.
There were plans to be making Christmas food for the freezer but a phone call from DS has put a halt on that until later on as I am having a little visitor in the shape of Miss Moo while Daddy goes to watch Ruby in her Carol Concert. She will need lunch and I am very, very happy to put off the domestic stuff.

Another job off the Christmas list finished last night....the cards are written on and ready for Andy to hand deliver at the weekend. We don't send anywhere near as many cards as we used to so I think the stash bought in the sale last year will do for another year at least. I have been really good and not bought any more this year even though I have been sorely tempted.

We've still not had our egg and chips which I have been promising all week so they are on the menu for tonight although we won't eat until just after 7pm when Andy finishes work as he wants it as well.....and I am not cooking twice.

Well I had best go and Moo proof the house. She will be here in about an hour.

Hope you are all having a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. We had over an inch of hail which settled on the roads...it was bitterly cold...very thankful for a warm home! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think hail is about the only thing we haven't had yet.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Sounds much more fun than house work, have fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was just lovely to have her to myself for an hour or so.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. The weather is unusual at the moment isn't it. Rained all day here Wednesday then in the evening it snowed for an hour and stuck which surprised me. By morning we were back to rain.

    Sorry to hear about Smudge's diagnosis but happy to read that it can be controlled and he should be back to normal soon. Laughing at Andy thinking it would cost £700. Bet he felt really rich when he found out it was only £70 lol.

    Hope Ruby enjoyed her carol concert and you had a lovely time with Marlowe. Not long til Father Christmas arrives now - is Ruby getting really excited? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was shocked at ours sticking after all that rain.

      Smudge will be fine once they get his dosage right on his medication. Andy on the other hand is dancing on a very thin line....lol.

      Didn't get to see Ruby as she and a group of friends were whisked off for hot chocolate by her Mummy. However the concert went she would have loved finishing school early.
      Yes she is really excited about Christmas. She hasn't a clue what she is having from us so I really hope she likes her BigShot and dies and all the other crafting stuff we have bought for her.

      Hope you and everyone at No 38 are well.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Very odd weather! We've had so much rain and hail this week I thought we were going to sink! Thank goodness it's been a bright sunny day today, I don't mind it being cold when it's dry and sunny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as I can keep my feet and hands warm I don't mind the cold either Sooze.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-