Pages

Followers

Thursday 21 December 2017

Getting Older Needs An Off Switch!!!

Just three hours or so ago I was warm, cosy, comfortable and completely pain free while I was lying in my bed. Launch myself out of bed to get started on my day and everything goes to flippin' pot. I hurt, there is a headache on it's way and although the thermometer tells me that it's warmer than it has been for a few days.....I am absolutely freezing even with extra layers on.
I would love to be able to go back to bed with a hot water bottle but that ain't happening so I'll drag myself through some jobs and maybe have a nap on the sofa later.

Poor DD was supposed to be meeting some friends last night for a pre-Christmas drink but got let down at the last minute which is becoming a regular occurance so we went out for a coffee instead. Just as we got over the brow of the hill just down the road from our house we came across the most frightening scene I have ever seen. There must have been a really bad road accident because I have never seen so many emergency vehicles all in one place at one time. Two fire engines, about six police cars and some ambulances. We had to turn around and go a different route into town.
I don't normally pray as such but I did last night....hoping desperately that nobody had lost their life.
That piece of road has seen so many accidents even though it's just a country road. There is a speed limit of 40mph which nobody adheres to and I wouldn't walk along there if you paid me. Where the accident had happened is where another road comes down off the side of a hill and drivers just fly out of there as if traffic on the main road doesn't exist. You certainly have to have your wits about you when approaching it as they will carry on coming even when you are almost upon them and DD has had to slam her anchors on more than once. It is very scary indeed.

Well I had best go and get this poor old excuse for a body into gear and crack on with something.

Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

11 comments:

  1. I was feeling decidedly under par this morning but a lush hot chocolate has put me to rights. Hope you soon pull out of this lurgy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shouldn't really have hot chocolate but I do indulge now and again.
      Saving mine for Christmas Eve in the hope that there will be a good film on.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about getting old. I have suddenly developed aches and pains in joints having always been very fit and well.
    We are currently enjoying a hot chocoltae laced with brandy and cream... purely medicinal of course :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your medicine did the trick then Cherie...wink, wink.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Hope the accident wasn't as bad as it appeared. Hot chocolate seems to be the favourite of the day, we are enjoying some as I write topped with cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've not heard anything about it so I really do hope it wasn't as bad as it looked.
      I'm looking forward to my hot chocolate on Christmas Eve.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I do hope nobody was hurt too badly in the accident, always seems even worse this time of year. Hope you get that nap in this afternoon and feel a bit better xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping that too Cheryl.
      No nap but I rallied round and got some things done.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Hope you're feeling better Sheila and you managed to get your nap - sleep is sometimes the best and only remedy but we rarely have time to properly listen to our bodies these days and especially at this time of year.

    The accident sounds horrific and the fact DD has had a few near misses is very worrying. Is there adequate signage and road markings etc? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I snuck in a good lie in this morning Suzanne so I am feeling much better now.

      The accident did look horrendous. Scared me to death to see it.
      There is a give way sign and markings on the road but I have to say the road off the hill is a bit of a rat run for people returning from work in the big town. I get that they want to get home especially on these dark nights but I do wish they would slow down a bit and not take such risks.
      Our milkmans wife was left permanently disabled in an accident on the exact same spot. It's just horrible.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
    2. Oh my goodness that is so sad. Sounds like it would be perfect for road humps and speed cameras. Something certainly needs to be done about it. xx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-