Pages

Followers

Wednesday 13 December 2017

Men!!!

Why is it that men if they can find a spanner to throw into the works will invariably find one and bugger everything up.
Yesterday was planned with military precision....Smudge to the vets for the day for his blood tests......DD primed and ready to go directly from work to pick him up and be advised as to results of said blood test and Momma of the house to get a well deserved break from constantly opening the back door for a dog who sometimes wants to out but more often just wants me to hold it open while he has a sniff of the air.
Andy decided to call the vet to see if he could fetch him back before he went to work....rushing about and leaving himself virtually seconds to turn around and get out for work. I had to try and get a message to DD and hope that it was passed on so that she didn't go into town on a wasted journey.
On top of that he spent most of his time snapping and snarling because he had had to pay what he thought was a £700 bill for blood tests when in actual fact he had misheard and it was only £70.
I am still waiting for an apology but I will probably have battered him to death before that materialises.
I say again.....Men!!!

Anyhoo it turns out that Smudge does have Cushing's Disease....not curable but it is treatable with medication and regular blood tests to check that the medication is suiting him and doing it's job. Apparently with the right dose we should get our gorgeous little boy back to pretty much normal fairly quickly.

A very happy two hour treat yesterday when Ruby came a day early for her after school tea. We all had tomato soup and toasted cheese sandwiches which went down very well as it was so cold outside.

Today I have just about done my jobs and am planning on egg and chips for tea and not going anywhere in this foul weather of wind and thrashing down rain.
I'm just going to wash up the lunch plates and then I need to go upstairs to check if there are any more gifts that need wrapping so that I can get rid of all the wrapping paraphenalia out of my way.

This got done yesterday.........




.........so that is all the decorations done for this year apart from decorating the table for Christmas Day.

Hope you are all having a lovely and cosy day out of this rain.
Sheila-x-


16 comments:

  1. Poor Smudge at least the medication will help.
    What a beautiful display, love your dresser. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy and I both think that even after just one tablet that Smudge has improved and is more alert so I am hoping it carries on.
      So glad you like my dresser and display. I must admit I do rather love it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Oh Sheila, men are sent to try us aren't they?! Could wring their necks sometimes but we love them anyway.

    Hope the meds sort Smudge out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One tablet down and we think we see a difference already Sooze so our fingers are crossed.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Hope Smudge is sorted with the meds.
    Like that telephone box with snow on top

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's looking good Sue.
      I can't remember where I got the telephone box from but I know I bought it at the same time as the post box.....ooooh it's just come to me....B&Q last year.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Fingers crossed that the meds work for Smudge. I won't fall down the "Men" rabbit hole, suffice it to say that I have been known to stamp and snarl on the odd occasion and then there was the time that I threw the washing up bowl across the kitchen, it was full.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha.....I've done the odd bit of throwing myself Pam.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. I love your little Christmas village. Very pretty. I hope Smudge is soon back to normal with the help of his medication. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you may be able to tell....I have a bit of a thing about houses.
      There seems to be a very slight improvement already Jules.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Ah yes...men! Very pretty dresser display...the weather is absolutely foul this evening x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thrashing down rain all day which turned to heavy snow just after tea. Did you have the same?
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. I'm so relieved you've got a diagnosis and Smudge's condition can be helped with medication.
    The opening and closing the door just so the cats can sniff the air has driven me daft all week. In the end I picked them up and stuck them in the snow, they soon decided to get back inside and go to bed! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Vix we were pretty relieved too and all it takes is just simple and cheap medication to control his cortisol levels. Two tablets in and he is already improving.
      I never knew cats did the same daft things as dogs...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. I hope Smudge will be okay. They are so much a part of the family it's really worrying when they aren't feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so plesed to hear that Smudge can be treated. And as for 'men'... I have a large patio and a good spade..... nuff said.... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-