Pages

Followers

Wednesday 6 December 2017

Cooking On Gas.....!!!

.......well I would be if we weren't all electric...lol.

Jobs are getting done at a good rate and I even got the mantlepiece garland done-ish yesterday.
I've never had one before so wasn't quite sure how much decoration it would take........more than I thought so when we drop Ruby off tonight I will go and purchase a pack of snowflakes to brighten it up.
Next up will be the dresser in the kitchen but I need a snow blanket for that so will pick that up tonight too.

Had one of those awful moments at 2am this morning when the phone rang. It only rang once and I didn't get to answer it but my sixth sense just told me that Andy was unwell and was being sent home from work. Sure enough within 20 minutes he was home feeling very sick and with a bad headache.
Packed him off to bed with painkillers and a mug of warm milk and he seems to be a lot better this morning after a long soak in the bath.
He says he will be going in tonight so I expect he will go back to bed shortly.

I am just off for a bath myself. I love having one during the day....it feels rather decadent.

Hope you are having a fabulous day.
Sheila-x-

9 comments:

  1. I hope Andy is feeling better. Those late night/middle of the night phone calls are such a worry aren't they?
    Enjoy being decadent. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules....Andy is much better. I think he just had a 24 hour stomach bug.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I love a daytime bath too. Bubbles up to my neck and my favourite music playing. It is the ultimate luxury.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No music for me....just peace and quiet....absolute bliss.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. That must have been very frightening the phone ringing in the night, I hope Andy gets well soon, I could do with a nice soak in the bath I have a chronic lower back ache, but the bath is a corner one and I don't like them so much, but never mind, I think I might treat myself to one later. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very scary Marlene.
      He's better now....just a 24 hour thing which is apparently going around here at the moment.
      The bath was lovely.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I am definitely a shower girl but a soak in a hot bath and a good book is a real treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I didn't have time to read this time but it was very relaxing all the same.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Hope Andy is feeling much better soon. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-