Pages

Followers

Thursday 14 December 2017

Calm And Cosy!!!

The jobs are done, Smudge is sleeping really peacefully and I am just about to have a nice cup of tea and get out the notes I have made for the Christmas food needs and preparations to see what can be picked up tonight when I go shopping.
Pretty much everything is in either the freezer or the store cupboards but it doesn't hurt to check just in case I missed something.
This weekend I will be making sausage rolls, mince pies and stuffing for the freezer and I am also considering doing braised red cabbage to pop in there too.
The only thing I am struggling with is what to do for pudding. Nobody ever wants Christmas pud being either too stuffed to eat it or they don't like it so I like to do something a bit lighter.
Maybe I will get hit by a bolt of inspiration or maybe I will have to trawl the internet for ideas. I need to hurry up and decide though.
It's so nice and cosy in here that I doubt I shall want to move when it comes to time to go out but if we go as soon as DD arrives home we'll be able to come back and get snuggled down and hopefully have a couple of hours or so to enjoy something on tv before Andy comes home and takes charge of the remote.

What are you all up to today?
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. What about a baked cheese cake, biscuit base and cream cheese with eggs and fruit flavour of your choice topping. It is always my fall back pud, when we have had people who don't want rich puds. I got my recipe out of an old Margaret Patton book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you for your suggestion Chris. I will look into that one.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Have you tried the Belgian Choc cheesecake from Aldi. It is so yummy and a little slice would be a perfect pud. We have just been and got all the Christmas goodies. The freezer is full and other than a few bits next week we are totally ready for Santa to pop down our chimney :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No....not tried that one Cherie so that's another one to look into plus I have seen a Salted Caramel cheesecake at Iceland.
      I am so ready for the day to be here.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Still snowing here. I'm hoping to get out at the weekend and get some shopping done. I at least got stuff posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow on and off here....I wish it would make it's mind up.
      Enjoy your shopping.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. icecream all the time in this house.
    liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Liz there will definitely be ice cream on offer even if it's only the kidlets who eat it.
      Hubby is being dispatched to the farm shop for three tubs of their finest offerings this weekend.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-