Pages

Followers

Saturday 16 December 2017

Stupid 'O' Clock!!!

I didn't get into bed until 2am.
Smudge decided by 4:30 am that I had laid down for long enough and started padding around the bedroom and stopping every few minutes to scratch himself with much thumping on the floor and other accompanying noises.
I gave up and got up and there is no sense going back to bed as I shall oversleep then which I really don't want to do today.

My plan for today is to get dropped in town and spend some time hunting for some small gifts for DD to open on Christmas Day. I hope I get a good dose of inspiration somewhere along the way as I haven't a flippin' clue what to get her. She is not a 'girly' girl so no make up or glittery things and she doesn't have a favourite perfume so come on Big Town help me out.

I have made the most ridiculous faux pas by taking some sausage out of the freezer to use to make some sausage, chestnut and cranberry rolls for Christmas Day and have just realised that I am not going to be able to freeze them when they are made. So that will be sausage, stuffing and apple sauce cobs for tea tonight then and I will buy some more while I am in town.
What a flippin' numpty.

These got made yesterday.........

Sage and onion with cranberry and orange wrapped in chestnut smoked bacon.
They are now in the freezer along with some braised red cabbage which I made using Marlene's recipe.
Thank you Marlene it turned out great and we love it.

Only the sausage rolls and some mince pies to go and I am done with Christmas cooking until the day.

Brrrrr......it's cold down here. I think I shall have a nice hot cup of tea and a bit of a browse round the internet.

Have a lovely day whatever you are doing.
Sheila-x-

4 comments:

  1. Shelia I am so pleased you liked it. Your stuffing looks and sounds delicious, have a lovely weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we loved it Marlene. Can't wait now to try it with our Christmas dinner.
      The stuffing tasted delicious so we are looking forward to that too.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I bet the aromas from your kitchen are amazing. Sausage and cranberry rolls are a Christmas tradition here too. I might just have to try them with chestnuts now. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smelt like Christmas Jules....and the stuffing tasted lovely.
      Never done the sausage, chestnut and cranberry rolls before so looking forward to trying them.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-