Pages

Followers

Saturday 9 December 2017

When Can I Go To Bed?!!!

Sleep and I just aren't getting along very well at the moment. I think it was getting on for 5am this morning before I managed to drift off and I am shattered.

The carpet shampooing has been shuffled on to tomorrow's list as I just haven't the energy to push the beast round but the beef stew is bubbling away on the stove and the gift wrapping for DS is almost done. 
I started the laundry instead of doing the carpets so now my day of doing what I want has been moved to Tuesday.....sadly because Smudge will be at the vets for the day being tested for Cushings Disease due to certain symptoms he has. I am almost certain it's not that but I am very scared of what I think it might be which is Cognitive Behaviour Disorder which is basically doggy dementia.
I was watching him last night when he went to get a drink of water and just stood staring at his bowl......he pee'd and he really didn't know he was doing it.
We will see what the vet says.

We have had a couple of snow flurries this morning. Lovely big fat flakes but they haven't settled as the previous bit we had has melted and everywhere is damp. It was nice to watch though.

DD went off to the garden centre this morning as she wanted a new fleece jacket which she got but she also returned with the most bargainous pair of boots for me.....£10 reduced from £50 from Cotton Trader's. My toes will be very cosy if we get any amount of snow.

Very simple bacon, lettuce and tomato rolls for tea while we watch a film or something but first I need to go and hoover up the carrot crumbs and threaten severe pain to anyone who makes a mess before I get a chance to sit in a clean and tidy living room.....lol.

Hope you are all having a great weekend and staying safe and warm if you are one of the areas getting lots of snow.
Sheila-x-


13 comments:

  1. Wow lovely daughter! Enjoy your new boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure will Sooze but not today I don't think....we have heavy snow.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Cotton Traders stuff is usually good quality, shame that their shoes and boots are too small for me.I am sleepy during the day and then wake up at stupid o'clock in the morning. Fingers crossed that it all goes back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz loves Cotton Traders clothes but I do love their shoes and boots.
      Actually managed a good night last night.
      Hope you are back to normal soon.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. New boots are always good, especially in this cold weather.
    I have the opposite problem to you Shiela, I have no problem falling asleep but then I wake around 3am and that's me.
    Hope your little doggy friend is OK. It's sad to see them like that. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always the managing to get to sleep that has been my problem. I would hate to be waking at ungodly hours of the morning and not being able to get back off.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I do so sympathise with the sleep problem. I generally sleep poorly and it is very wearing. Your poor dog, how sad for you to watch his decline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Eloise it is really wearing. I just can't understand how I can be tired but unable to go to sleep.
      Smudge has been such a joy in our lives and he will be loved and looked after for as long as he needs us. It's making me very sad to see him lie this.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Oh poor Smudge...I do hope a satisfactory diagnosis is made...I try to go to bed at the same time each evening...I can usually get off fairly quickly...just the odd night if I've had a caffeine overload. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do too Jackie. I feel I will cope better if I know what is wrong with him.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. It is such a worry when our furry friends aren't very well. Poor things can't tell us what is wrong. I do hope it isn't anything serious. Is that why you aren't sleeping? I'm not sleeping too well just lately either. I just lay there tossing and turning. I should get up and find something quiet to do. If I can't sleep tonight I might cut a load of flowers ready for a card making session tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a worry Cherie. Smudge has always been such a bouncy bundle of joy and I am desperately sad to see him like this.
      You are probably right....my mind does tend to whirl a bit and I find it hard to switch off.
      Hope you managed a good night.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Poor Smudge. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome. Such a worry when our pets are poorly.
    We've had over a foot of snow so far and it shows no signs of stopping! xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-