Pages

Followers

Wednesday 27 December 2017

......And Wonderful It Was!!!

I hope you have all had a blessed and wonderful Christmas.
Ours has been absolutely lovely.
Christmas lunch went down very well and there was no need for me to do anything for tea as we had our meal late to accommodate Miss Marlowe's nap so that she wasn't over tired. No leftovers to deal with as everything was boxed up and taken home by The Doodles for their Boxing Day meal. We just kept back enough turkey for sandwiches as I do love a turkey and salad sandwich.
Boxing Day was a no cook day apart from a tray of sausage rolls and some part baked baguettes. I laid out cold meats, salad, cheese, crackers and pickles and we just ate when we felt like it....bliss.

The kitchen and accessories we gave Marlowe went down a storm.....with both girls and Ruby was over the moon with all her new crafting goodies. DDIL loved all of her new gadgets for cake icing and DS's chilli themed gifts were well received.

I was pretty over the moon myself with a Wrendale single person stacked teapot and cup with my favourite robin on it and a notebook and pen in the same design, Nigel Slater's Christmas Chronicles and his book Toast, candle holders and candles, fluffy socks and some money which I am putting towards a new sewing table as Andy has decided that the dining room will now be my own sewing room and although sewing on the dining table is fine.....cutting out is not as it is too low and hurts my back so the table I am having is the SKARSTA from Ikea which is adjustable. It can be cranked up to the ideal height for cutting out and cranked down again for sewing. It's the same width as the dining table but longer which is going to be fabulous for when I am cutting out dress patterns.

DS is taking the dining table and chairs off our hands and I have an office chair upstairs which will do for my room.
The plastic drawers have gone to Ruby for craft storage and been replaced with a bargain Ikea childrens toy storage unit complete with boxes picked up from Barnado's for £20 on the Saturday before Christmas. The room looks much less cluttered now.
I think 2018 is going to be a good year for sewing at Tea Towel Mansion......I just need to work on making time for me to sew....lol.

The weather today has been quite pleasant which is lucky as DD is back at work.....only for three days as she has booked a week off for her birthday. We will start dismantling Christmas at the weekend but the tree will stay up until after her birthday on Jan 3rd.

The oven has just gone on and I am making baked potatoes with cheese and beans for tea. Good simple food for a change from Christmas food....lovely.

Are you all still enjoying some post Christmas peace and quiet or are you back in the swing of the everyday?
Sheila-x-

12 comments:

  1. Lovely to hear of your good Christmas. Wild wet and windy here today. Addenbrookes this morning but now hunkered down for the evening

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our weather here is all over the place. I guess it just can't make it's mind up what to do.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. We just had snow and hail but it hasn't settled so far. Love the table, I have been toying with the idea of replacing my horn cabinet with something similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do another table called the BEKANT which lifts by air I think rather than cranking but the price was a little eye watering for me.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Hi Shelia sounds a wonderful Christmas, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Marlene and just fabulous to have the girls here.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Glad you had a great Christmas x my Robin mug is a wrendale and I love it! I got the Nigel Christmas book too! My sewing room tables are from ikea and have adjustable legs. They are set at diff heights - the bigger one is for cutting and the smaller one I gave for my machines. I do need to invest in a better chair - currently I just carry up a dining chair and they are flipping heavy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wrendale do some beautiful designs but the robin is my favourite.
      Had a quick dip in Nigel's book last night and it looks like a good read with recipes as well so looking forward to that.
      Fetched my table this morning I wish I had room for two so I could have one for cutting and one for sewing but there is no chance in here.
      A good chair is a must when you are sat sewing. I'll be glad to get the office chair back down now I have the room.
      Next investment will be some better lighting.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Glad you all have a wonderful Christmas. It sounds like you got lots of wonderful goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was really lovely Sharon.
      My gorgeous girls really made the day special.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Your plans for a sewing room sound idyllic as does your Christmas. Ours was quiet but wonderful in its own way. Still enjoying some entertaining and Christmas food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....I am hoping to be doing lots more sewing now.
      I did think about you on Christmas Day in your lovely cottage.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-