Pages

Followers

Thursday 28 December 2017

The Table Is In The House!!!

Andy and I were up and out this morning for a trip to Ikea to fetch my table and I was surprised how light the traffic was.....well on the way there at least. The journey back was much busier with the usual quota of idiots speeding and cutting people up.....and when did they do away with the rule of giving way to traffic coming from the right? Gawd they scare me to death and I am only a passenger.

Anyway....the table is in the house. I doubt it will get built today as we have to remove six dining chairs, dismantle the table and move some boxes of fabric into the kitchen to make room to build it in situ. Once it is done there will be some serious organisation going on before I can even think about sewing but once it's done I will be off and running. I am so looking forward to being creative again.

DD has asked for a rug for her bedroom as her birthday gift so we picked that up for her this morning. We shouldn't have to go back to Ikea for quite some time now.

So for the rest of the day I will be pottering about in here creating some order from the chaos and will be in my element.

Hope you are all having a very happy day.
Sheila-x-

6 comments:

  1. Hello! Love the name of your blog!
    Guess what, I bought some Christmas gift bags and got them home and noticed that the ribbons (that were used as the handles) were very wrinkled. Of course, I had to iron them! Who does that? ME, that's who! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha, ha....love that Kay.
      I have been known to iron ribbons...it's just the tea towels I object to.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Ikea at holiday time? You must be mad! I can't wait to go again but I shall do so very early in the morning and will be coming waiting for it to open

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....quite mad John but I so desperately wanted my table.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Glad you managed to get the table, I'll put money on it that it is built soon, you on't be able to stand it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha, ha......yes it is done....Andy insisted.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-