Pages

Followers

Friday 22 December 2017

Utter Bliss!!!

It's not very often I stay in bed until I am totally ready to get up but I did this morning. I knew there was nothing desperate needing doing so I turned back over, went back to sleep and didn't rise until just before 10am. It felt so good and I feel like a new woman so I have decided that I will not feel guilty about it....lol.

Only one Christmassy job on the agenda for today and that was to take the joint of ham out of the freezer to defrost ready for cooking tomorrow. The rest will just be pottering about and cleaning up carrot crumbs.
Andy finished work this morning and won't be back until January 8th so he will be transformed from The Grinch to a slightly less grinchy Grinch by the time he gets up...ha, ha, ha.
No cooking today. DD is going for a drink with her team straight from work and then going to collect a Chinese for us all. I'm so grateful as I am just about all cooked out for the minute....until it all starts again tomorrow.

Although I don't feel particularly Christmassy at the moment I am excited that the Doodle family will be here for lunch on Christmas day. Since DDIL went back to work after having Marlowe we don't see them all together quite so much so it's going to be just wonderful for us all to be together.
I am also super excited to see what Ruby thinks of her Christmas gifts. We have bought her a BigShot die cutting machine and some dies and lots of slightly more grown up crafting goodies so that she can make her own cards and maybe do some scrapbooking. She does love her crafts so hopefully they will be a big hit.
Marlowe is getting her very own kitchen with pots and pans and play food. Up until now she has been playing with the one we bought for Ruby when she was little and it is looking a bit worse for wear now. It's being replaced with a rather swish little wooden one so I hope she likes it.

Only one more trip into town tomorrow morning for salad and milk and to soak up a little daytime Christmas madness. Most of our shopping is done at night so it's not quite the same.

I hope you are all ready now and looking forward to the festivities.
Sheila-x-

4 comments:

  1. I had a lie in this morning too all the travelling has taken its toil. We are going to have a stroll into ton tomorrow to soak up a little atmosphere too. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How blissful to have a nice lie in, and you should never feel guilty about it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lie in sounds wonderful and I'm so glad you feel all the better for it.
    I think I'm at a similar stage to you regarding Christmas preparations, although I have yet to get the gifts wrapped. Possibly this evening once Lily is asleep. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never feel guilty about having a lie in. It does you the world of good to have a really refreshing sleep. Insomnia is troubling me at the moment and I just can't sleep. Ruby will absolutely love her Bigshot. I am on to my second one and it is my most useful piece of crafting kit. Have you looked at the dies on Aliexpress. They are incredibly cheap..... I have bought tons of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-