Pages

Followers

Tuesday 27 September 2016

You Couldn't Make Me Up!!!

Before I took a bit of time out yesterday I decided I would whip up a Victoria Sponge cake for hubby so he could have a slice with his cuppa when he comes in at night. Now I have made this cake hundreds and hundreds of times and it never fails......well fail it did yesterday.
I did a 6, 6, 6, 3 mix which always gives me a lovely deep sponge to sandwich with strawberry jam but this came out looking like two pancakes and I couldn't work out what had gone wrong. Then it dawned on me that I had had a bag of plain flour go missing a couple of weeks ago. I knew I had one in the cupboard and then all of a sudden I didn't and I had to buy a new bag to fill the container. 
Now I know where it went.........into the SR flour container.
What a bloody numpty.
Hubby was beside himself and was ungentlemanly enough to remind me of the pink fairy cakes I made once when I first started baking that ended up being dipped in tea as biscuits. He has never let me forget those.
I am thinking of withdrawing my cake making services.....lol.

Feeling a little brighter today and a good job too as there are things I need to get done......decorating paraphenalia to put away , a bit of stuff to move out of the hall, pots to wash and laundry to finish off.
Once all that is done I want to finish off my Poundland crate with some wax or varnish. I love how it turned out and can't wait to show you.

The Christmas magazine was a complete waste of money with only one article that remotely interested me..........Winter In New York.
It bought back memories of three years ago when DD and I were just a few weeks away from our own Christmas shopping trip there.
A wonderful experience that I would love to repeat.
What was your most favourite trip ever? Do tell.

Well enough memory lane-ing......these jobs won't do themselves.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Sheila-x-

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are on the mend. My favourite trips are always to Florida, we have a different experience each time we go. Each time better than the last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I'm not the only one to mix things up occasionally! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-