Pages

Followers

Sunday 1 April 2007

Yesterday Mono, Today....Colour with bells on!!!

Hi.........I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend.
Mine is going off with a bang after the postie delivered the latest TandaStamps sets this morning. I had to stop myself from dancing around the house when I saw the set of Paisley stamps........they are divine and I am so happy because I have had a set of stamps of this design on my wish list for so long.
Once I had got over that excitement I checked out the other stamps and there are three sets.......butterflies, leaves and zodiac inchie stamps.
Just had to start with the Paisley stamps and what better to go with them than the India set.....also from TandaStamps.
After the Mono dare from DCM I was ready for a bit of colour and I started this card by taking a piece of paper from the Dovecraft Designer Paper pad......gorgeous hot and spicy colours which are just right for the images.
I took the largest and most ornate Paisley stamp and using Stazon in Blazing Red stamped the image all over the paper and then highlighted parts of the design with a copper coloured Stardust gel pen.
I wanted some gold dots on the background but I'm not very good with those bottles of Liquid Pearls so went for some peeloff dots instead.
The India images have been stamped onto some red mottled card and I bleached out a few small areas and filled back in with the Stardust pen.
All three images have been attached with foam pads.
There are still loads of Paisley stamps to play with so I will probably have a play with those tomorrow after I have made a few more cards for the local shop.
I did really well today and made 12 A5 anniversary cards which I know they are short of so I'm pretty pleased with myself.
DD came back from town today with a party bag from Au Natural which cost £1. Most of the contents ended up in the bin.........I just can't see me wearing a purple spiky fur scrunchie in my hair somehow.......lol.
However we did manage to salvage 18 two and a quarter inch gingham fabric blooms from a bracelet plus 19 really pretty beads, four pony tail bands....two with red glittery lips and two with pink sparkly hearts plus two hair slides with two silver and pink metal daisies on each. I think that little lot is well worth the pound.
It's amazing what you can find to use as embellishments on cards.
Well it's just gone 3am so I suppose I ought to go and get some sleep. I'd love to stay and stamp some more but I have visions of me falling asleep with the heat gun still running or something.
Night night
Sheila-x-

6 comments:

  1. Sheila

    I LOVE that Paisley stamp - When I first looked I thought it was the paper - you are very clever!

    The card is beautiful and I am liking the colours - very "Hot"!
    Hope you had a good nights sleep and are ready to play again x
    Love Bex

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card! I love the vibrant colour and I am very tempted by the paisley stamps too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila this is fab - I adore bright hot in your face colour, this is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wowee Sheila, what a gorgeous blaze of colour, so very fitting with the stamps. Absolutely beautiful.

    Rhi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. STUNNING!!!

    I completely ADORE that hot pink - you are SO clever Mrs!

    (was going to comment about how posh you must be having post delivered on a Sunday - until I saw the time of your post lol!)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow !! can't take my eyes of this card it's stupendous (if there is such a word lol ) amazing... and fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-