Pages

Followers

Wednesday 11 April 2007

Just A Quickie!!!

I've just been making quick and easy cards today to build my stock up for sale at the local shop. Well when I say quick and easy I tend to mean not stamped and no arty backgrounds or noxious chemicals........lol!!!
Played with my new Cuttlebug Embossing Folders using them in the Bigshot.....are they fab or what? This is the first time I've used them properly and I must say I do like them........a lot.
I'm not 100% sure about the one I've used on today's card......I think it may be just a bit too funky for me. I prefer the textures and script ones but it looks OK with the flowers.
The paper I used is from a Sizzix Sizzles pad. Cuttlebugged it and then cut around the design and distressed with a fine sanding block. The flowers are cut from some leather effect paper I have had for years using the Thick Cuts, Daisies die. some punched circles with hand drawn swirls to finish off and there you go.
I did swipe around the edge of the paler blue card with a silver Versacolour ink cube and dragged it over the large flower too.
It's been a gorgeous day today again so it looks like spring is here to stay. My beautiful Grape Hyacinths are out and there are some huge fat buds on my Peony. I can't wait until that flowers again.
There was someone flying about in a microlight around lunchtime........how brave are they? You wouldn't get me up in one of them for a lifetime's supply of Basic Grey. They do make the most annoying noise though......like a huge fly buzzing around.
I ought to get off to bed as I have to be up and out earlier in the morning. I need to call at the supermarket and pick up a cake for the class. I promised I would take one as it's my birthday on Sunday and I won't see the ladies again before.
I can't believe that I will be 50........I don't feel old enough.......lol!!!
They say you are as old as you feel so I'll just say that my brain is 25 but the wrapping got battered.........ha ha ha!!!
Night night then
Sheila-x-

4 comments:

  1. Love how you've used the embossing folder - I have a good collection of these and have started using them a lot they are fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the cuttlebug embossing folders are fab! They go through the big shot so easily.Love the card, really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brill card Sheila. Your description of how you feel with your special birthday coming up made me laugh, how true though. Happy 50th in advance for Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this one, I've got a couple of folders now too, but now fancy dooo hicky to put them through just use spray them with water and use a rolling pin..lol! but I keep dreaming...
    Oh I do hope you have a wonderful weekend and live it up on your b'day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-