Pages

Followers

Wednesday 18 April 2007

It's me again!!!

Hello
Sorry I haven't blogged for a couple of days.........I'm having problems with the computer due to the warmer weather and I have been a busy little bee trying to design some new classes for the shop.
One I have done is way, way outside my comfort zone and that is the handbag card above. I wanted to design a handbag that didn't have zig zag folds in the base but opened like a card. I also didn't want it to have just straight sides so I have designed a template which you lay along the fold of an A5 card resulting in this tapered shape.
I designed it so that the flap of the bag is cut as part of the front of the card but also have designed a second template for doing different flaps.
Boy it was a tough one for me to get spot on as I really don't usually do such exact work as you all know.
I've made several up and decorated them in different ways but the one above is my favourite as I have stamped it..........there has to be stamping for me.
I used my favourite stamp from the Elusive Images Roses set and stamped onto ivory pearlised card using a Brilliance-Coffee Bean ink pad after cutting out the handbag shape.
The flap was made separately from some Stardream card and I cut the thin strips from that too.
The clasp is made from punched circles the smallest one is cut from part of a stamped rose and has been coated in Crackle Accents. Once that was dry I applied some brown chalk with my finger to enhance the cracks.
I'm fairly pleased with it I must say and I'm now working on some cards with different folds to add another class to the schedule.
Getting excited now about my workshops and demos in Devon. The hotel is booked and a provisional list of used materials sent to the shop owner so that he can start ordering in supplies.
Both days are fully booked which is exciting and then the demo in the shop on Saturday is always such fun so lots to look forward to.
I also have something else rather exciting coming up but I ain't telling at the moment........you will have to 'watch this space' for a little while.
Had loads more lovely handmade cards for my birthday which I will share with you as soon as I get them scanned.
My thoughts and prayers this week are with-:
The families touched by the terrible shootings in America.
The family of Roger White who shared my birthday and sadly passed away just days before his 65th.
Hazel who is going through a worrying time with her health but still manages to be a rock for her husband and a supportive friend to others.
Gail, my friend who has collapsed twice in the last week and is now in hospital undergoing tests and who has probably by now demolished half the hospital and flashed her bum at other unsuspecting patients.......forgetting that hospital gowns don't do up at back. She is a pure joy to have as a friend......get well soon matey.
Right I had best go and sort out my stuff for tomorrow.
Bye for now
Sheila-x-

2 comments:

  1. Wowza's - this is terrific. Hope the classes go down well - am sure they will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila, I so much enjoy visiting your blog and seeing what you've been up to - you never cease to amaze me!

    And today I see that you have mentioned me - you, and so many others, are so supportive - thank you. Tears came to my eyes as I read what you'd said.

    Love Hazel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-