Pages

Followers

Friday 27 April 2007

Daring Cardmakers-Tasty Template

This weeks challenge set by Jane from the Daring Cardmakers is a template.
Now I nearly didn't do this one as I'm not really over fond of templates but I've been feeling a bit off it today and couldn't concentrate on making lists or doing up class packs so I decided to have a play and I really quite enjoyed it.
I have followed the template quite closely as I am not proficient enough at using them to start moving things around etc.
So here is my effort........nothing groundbreaking or innovative.......although I was very pleasantly surprised at the lovely vintage wash on the stamped rose which is done with Memories ink pads. I've never tried painting with these before and thought they would be very strong colours but picked up with a waterbrush they give this lovely soft, faded, chintzy look. The rose and text stamps are Elusive Images.
Paper is by K&Co and I have chalked it to age it a bit.
Thanks again to the DCM team.........I just don't know how you do it week after week.

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Sheila, I love the stamped image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sheila, this is just so beautiful I love the vintage-y romantic look you've acheived with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Sheila, glad you had a go of the template and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!
    They are some of my all time fav papers, I use mine cautiously so i don't run out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL.....Paula........I am just the opposite now.....I feel I have 'done them to death' so I'm using up what I have left and looking around for something else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that card Sheila... aren't those elusive images gorgeous?

    Yummy.... you are such an inspiration ;)

    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh well done Sheila, thats a really lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh what a lovely card. It is so dreamy looking. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So elegant and beautiful Sheila... that rose matches the K&Co paper perfectly... love what you did with the template :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankyou for dropping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. Your card is beautiful, so soft and elegant.
    Melx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Sheila, that is such a beautiful cards! It reminds me of a Jane Austen love story! Oh how corny am I!!!

    Adore it!

    xxSaffa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yummmm! I love this stamp set and what you've done with it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beautiful, love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Sheila.

    Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-