Having said that I wasn't over fond of or very good at templates I've been on a bit of a roll with the one that Jane gave us for the Daring Cardmakers challenge yesterday. It is still only the very basic template but by card three I was thinking that maybe I didn't have to put my stamped image onto a rectangle of card....so a slight improvement.
The butterfly on the square card looks so much nicer in real life. It has been stamped onto overhead projection film, run through a Xyron Sticker Maker and had crumpled Fantasy Film applied to the reverse.
When it's not squashed flat to a scanner bed the butterfly is 3D as I have stamped and painted it onto a piece of pale blue card and then mounted the film one over the top, attaching it just in the centre with a piece of DST. The light catches the Fantasy Film beautifully.
Now I warned you on Wednesday that I would be coming home from work Thursday with goodies for my stash didn't I?.......Well the gorgeous lady stamp at the top is just part of that stash. She is from Clarity Stamps and I was shown the technique used to pattern her dress by the fabulous Barbara Santerelli(owner of Clarity Stamps)herself at the trade show.
So I have stamped the image in black Stazon onto smooth white card and colourwashed her using an Adirondack ink pad in Slate.
I stamped her again onto copier paper and removed the areas of her dress to create a mask. Placing the mask over the stamped image I then used a pattern stamp from a set of Elusive Images stamps to add pattern with the black Stazon...I think it's very effective.
The Glamour stamp is from a Rubbadubbadoo set.
I'm afraid I didn't stop at just one stamp and ended up with three. The others were a ruler and a rather gorgeous shoe which I am sure I shall be doing something with very soon....once more pressing jobs are out of the way.
Thanks very much for stopping by.