Pages

Followers

Tuesday 24 April 2007

Daring Cardmakers Little Extra

Here is my effort for the Daring Cardmakers Little Extra challengeThe backing paper is a scrap of patterned paper that I have recoloured using Scrappers Dyes in a mixture of Crimson and Blackberry. It has then been overstamped in black Versafine.
The harlequin patterned layer started life as a piece of red card which I bleached, applying the bleach with a piece of green kitchen scrub pad. Once dry I overstamped in black Versafine.
The boy image (Paper Artsy) has been stamped onto cream copier paper and coloured with Scrappers Dye in Blue and Autumn Inks in Autumn Gold.
The crown has been cut on my best friend Jiminy Cricut.
Text is computer generated and coloured with Scrappers Dyes again in Crimson and Blackberry.
The inks are by a company called Sticky Fingers based in Coppull, Lancashire.
Thanks for looking
Sheila-x-
Mmmmm just been looking at this on screen and the colours aren't very true to life.They are more 'primary' than they look.....the blue is definitely not that odd turquoise colour IRL.

10 comments:

  1. I like your "twist" on the primary colour theme-awesome card as ever Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the way you do 'grunge' Sheila. Mine just tends to look a mess if I try it! The inks give a really good effect on this - great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooohhhh.... ahhhhhh.... YUMMMMOOOOOO!!!!!... Well you know I'm gonna love this card now don't you Sheila.. How amazingly SCRUMMY is this!!!!.. WAY SCRUMMY THATS HOW!!!!!unreal take on the dare Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh. loverly. Brill job Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing what you manage to do with ink Sheila, Fab Card !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card as always.

    But that boy looks so smug - I can't help wondering what he's been up to....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabby card as always Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card! You're an artiste!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy card, you are just so talented :)

    jo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-