Pages

Followers

Thursday 26 July 2018

Very Trying!!!

I don't know what is wrong but this morning I am having a lot of trouble leaving comments on other people's blogs and even replying to comments here on my own.
I am just getting a grey box with a sad face in it and the comment just disappears. Others seem to be fine and I have managed one or two.
Now I have given up as a couple of the comments were quite lengthy and I just can't be bothered to try again in case the same happens.

Well it's a very grey day here today.....no cooler though unfortunately.
They say tomorrow will be thunder storms, hail storms and rain with flash flooding and then back to the sun and heat for the weekend.

This morning I have altered a favourite skirt that was just about falling over my hips when I put it on. It took me about two hours to unpick the rather over zealous sewing done at the factory before I could even take out the elastic to replace it.
All done now and it fits a lot better with new wider elastic.

Still awaiting the arrival of my threads which I thought would have been here yesterday. I want them for the overlocking on the next two dresses for Marlowe so I can't really start them until they arrive.

Andy will be on annual leave from Friday evening so next week we are going out to look at wallpaper and paint for the living room. The decorating won't get done until DD is on her annual leave the fortnight after Andy as I would like the paint to go on the walls and not on the dog where it usually ends up when His Nibs has control (or not) of a paintbrush....lol.
It's not a job I am looking forward to if this heat carries on but it needs doing.

As I can't sew today I think I will go upstairs and hunt down coat hangers as I seem to be a bit short of them.

Hope you're having a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

9 comments:

  1. That often happens to me about the comments, Sheila. I’m expiring with this heat and getying hardly anything done. H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that I am glad it's happening to you Catriona but I am glad it's not just me.

      Trying to keep cool is becoming very hard work....even the breeze is hot and like standing in front of fan heater :(

      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I have days when the comments do that, too. I've got into the habit of clicking and copying what I've written before I press publish so if it vanishes I can click and paste.
    I hope those threatened thunderstorms aren't due when Jon and I are setting up our pitch tomorrow! Last year it was freezing cold and rained so heavily the organisers had to close the main stage - terrible of business! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that Vix. I shall start and copy mine now then. It is a pain though isn't it?

      I hope you're not near us this weekend then as we are supposed to get thunder tonight and rain through the night then rain over the weekend.
      Hope you have a good one.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Thankfully we are not experiencing the high temperatures and we finally have some sunshine. Good luck wallpaper shopping, we were looking at some samples last week and couldn't believe how much the prices have risen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the brightness of the sunshine but I could really do without the heat.

      Wallpaper prices are mad aren't they ?

      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I had a similar experience last night so gave up.. I have a parcel of bits and bobs for you but no address... Just kiddy stuff really but might be fun for the grandchildren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still doing it this morning Cherie so I've started doing as Vix above has suggested and copying it before trying to publish.

      Thank you so much for that I have left my e mail address in a comment on your blog so that you can e mail me for my address.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. It's not just me then! Like Vix, I've started copying my comments now, just in case. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-