Pages

Followers

Wednesday 4 July 2018

Simmering!!!

The heat in the sewing room is simmering nicely at 22C with the curtains closed so it is quite pleasant this morning and I feel a bit more like doing things.
I had a good night's sleep after a lovely cool bath so all in all I think today is going to be pretty darn good 😁

Plumber number five is booked so we just have to wait now until July 23rd to see if he actually arrives. I am putting it right out of my mind until then.

By doing some very heavy starching I have managed to make a few things with jersey for the dolls.........


I designed the pattern for the green t shirt and was thrilled when it worked out so well.
The skirt is a short circle skirt made from one of my old tops.
The dress is made from a pair of Ruby's pj's that no longer fit her. I used the t shirt pattern and just elongated it.


The white top is my own pattern from the original t shirt pattern. I just made it into an all in one pattern to add seamless sleeves.
Grey t shirt is a McCall's pattern slightly altered for a better fit.
From one fat quarter of stretch denim I made the leggings and the skirt with enough left over for a pair of shorts.


A ballet style tutu skirt made from some angel hair fabric I have had lying about for years. Cut into strips and knotted around a length of ribbon. This will eventually be a fairy outfit with wings and a headdress.

I have also been making underwear as not all of the dolls come with knickers. They have been made from socks believe it or not...new ones I hasten to add. Very little sewing but they look really good.

I seem to have developed a real addiction for making these tiny clothes. Every time I finish something I tell myself to get cracking on something else but still I keep making them.
Ruby is delighted and I love doing it for her.

My little miss will be here for tea today and has requested the same tea as we had last week.....chicken fajita wraps.....from now on known as chicken fidgets....lol. I don't mind as it has become a firm family favourite and I could quite happily eat it every day.

....and on that note I had better go and put the chicken in to marinate for a while.

Have a lovely day..........oh and Happy 4th of July to my USA readers.

Sheila-x-

7 comments:

  1. Lovely for Ruby and her dolls and clever you, all beyond me! Wish I'd learned more at school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember making dolls clothes, with my huge hands I would struggle now.I did try knitting and crochet, the small pieces were too difficult for me to cope. Your fashion parade is lovely, I wouldn't mind an Angle hair skirt myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a flair for the dolls clothes Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing the dolls clothes Sheila and as far as addictions go, it's not a bad one to have. I'm not surprised Ruby loves them too. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s quite overcast here today, much cooler. No wonder Ruby’s thrilled with all her new dolls clothes, so cute. Your plumber fiasco has been ridiculous, fingers crossed for you this time xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've decided I want to be one of those dolls and have those gorgeous clothes xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those outfits are adorable. I can see why Ruby loves them so. The tutu is a delight.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-