Pages

Followers

Thursday 5 July 2018

Thursday Wafflings!!!

Another blistering hot day....as I'm sure you are all aware.....and guess who has promised Andy a cooked dinner tonight. I must be stark, staring mad but he has been very good about the endless weeks of salad...bless him.

Since we finished watching our Vikings box set DD and I have not really felt like starting anything else so we have been watching the odd cookery programme or the crime channel but now we have discovered the Home channel on Freeview and we are loving it. Re-runs of Escape To The Country and a show I have never seen before called Fantasy Homes Down Under...fantastic. I guess that will be our viewing mode for the summer then.
We are also both avidly reading books by a new to us author called Angela Marsons. Oh my word she is good. Crime novels set in the Black Country which are un-put-downable and I was thrilled to see mention of our little market town and a nearby village in the last one I read and mention of our big town in the one I am reading now.
DD is on the last one we have and I have two more to read.
She needs to get writing some more....lol.

The house seems to be staying remarkably tidy at the moment and major jobs are being put off in this heat so my days are being filled with sewing, a little tv and some reading.
It's rather nice and relaxing actually so the sun can stay a bit longer for me 😀

Hope you are all getting the chance to put your feet up and enjoy the sun.
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. Your days sound very similar to mine, I did deadhead all the flowering plants last night though. I have been and found those books and will be loading them onto my tablet very soon. Thanks for the heads up, it is always good to find a new author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I hope you enjoy the books Pam. It's a long time since I read a book that I couldn't put down.
      Let me know what you think.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. A new author to me have ordered the first of the series from library - hope it's not too gruesome.
    I'm enjoying not wanting to do much because of the heat too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the book too Sue.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of Angela Marsons either but I'll take a look especially since she writes about the Black Country and I'm a Black Country girl through and through. Thank you for the tip Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite brutal, edge of your seat stories but sometimes I like that.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I am more of a 'chick lit' girl. I like a gentle story to hide away in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like my cosy homey type books but now and again I just like a change to some MDK....murder, death,kill....as DD and I call them.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-