Pages

Followers

Monday 23 July 2018

Another Weekend Gone!!!

Saturday I should have been babysitting two girls but Ruby went to the cinema with Aunty DD and Miss Moo had got up way too early and was very tired so she ended up going for a three hour nap.
I babysat myself for the morning.....lol.

Sunday was a lovely cool morning so we all went outside and played football and pretend picnics.
By the time we came home the heat was back and I had to put the oven on which was very uncomfortable indeed.
We had the lasagne with some steamed veg and it was a lovely change from salad.

Today I am annoyed beyond belief and I bet you can't guess why.........the bloody boiler service saga....yet again.
An engineer should have arrived this morning....no show....so I phoned the company and was told they had no record of an appointment for us today but they had us down for the 9th August. Somebody made a cock up then because I was told 23rd July. 
Anyway they have managed to find us an appointment for Friday and if nobody turns up this time there will be a phone call which may well melt the phone lines.

It is going to have to be salad for tea today because the temperature in the sewing room right next to the kitchen is currently 28C with curtains closed and windows open and that is going to rise when the sun moves round to the big window later on.

Not wanting to frighten the engineer...if he came this morning....I wore a light pair of trousers and a t shirt for decency's sake when I got up. They are going to have to come off and the shorts and vest are going back on.

Hope you've all had a good weekend.
I shall no doubt read what you have been up to when I catch up with blogs later on when all my jobs are finished.
Sheila-x-

15 comments:

  1. Don't you just want to explode at all the weak as water excuses. We went out to start a job this morning, only to find that the agents had taken the electric meter key and there was precisely 67p left on the emergency. No response to emails and phone calls. A bill for a day's work may get some action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just about at the end of my tether now Pam.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Popping in to say hi! That's so frustrating when you are waiting for something to be fixed, counting on it, and somebody doesn't do their job. Stay cool! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn.
      I am beyond frustrated now. We have been let down so many times it's just not funny.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Apart from the diabolical waste of your time, the gas companies are always preaching about safety. Too bad if there had actually been something awry with your boiler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Catriona.
      The boiler should have been serviced in March and we have been trying all this time to get someone to come and do it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Oh Sheila. I'm sorry you are still suffering with the heat AND the whole boiler situation. Thank goodness it's not something which requires urgent attention.
    It's very warm here but we have rain! ☔ X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Green with envy that you have rain. Not a sign of it on our forecast for the next week....well not definite rain anyway just a small percentage of a chance of a shower.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Take a break Shelia and come and join me we are reaching the dizzy heights of 16 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My lot came for tea yesterday and asked if we could have some of our lamb..blimey it got hot in our kitchen cooking a full roast!
    33 degrees in our yard today.. ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 33 degrees....gosh that is hot.
      I'm refusing to cook big roast dinners at the minute. Anyone who wants one can go up to the pub....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. It’s far too hot, well done for baking the lasagne, now I fancy that for tea tomorrow (we’ve been living off salads) just have to cope with the oven being on xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a job to keep up with the salad ingredients Cheryl and T***o have always run out of something I need.
      Enjoy your lasagne if you make one :)
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. It feels pleasantly cool here this morning but I know that will change pretty soon. I am cooking moussaka for tea and will serve it with a lovely fresh salad. I could do with making some shorts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-