Pages

Followers

Tuesday 10 July 2018

Posh Frocks!!!

The dolls now seem to have quite a bit of casual clothing so I decided they needed some posh frocks............


The black one uses up the last of the fabric I made Ruby's dress from and I am so glad to see the back of that.
The cream lacy dress is almost identical to a dress Ruby has and is made from a top I got from the charity shop so has cost me less than 10p to make that and the little raw edge crop top on the end.
The little skater dress was made from a remnant I found in my stash.
The bodice is a shortened version of my t shirt pattern and the skirt is just a circle skirt sewn onto the bottom.
Very chuffed with how they turned out.
I have one more dress cut out which I will make today and then I think I will be moving on to some sewing for Marlowe for a while. There is lots of fabric to choose from for her and any leftovers can be used for more doll clothes later.

The curtains in the sewing room are staying closed as the heat is back today and it does make it more comfortable in there.

We are taking a small break from salad today as I have found that my eggs need using up. Omelette it is then with a few baked beans.....I don't like hot omelette with salad.

Isn't it absolutely wonderful news that the young boys in the cave in Thailand are being rescued? I have been so scared for them and I really hope they can get the last boys and their coach out.

Well that's about it for today. Andy has just been fed and he will be off to work in an hour. I just have to wash up, fold the towels that have been laundered and put them away and then the afternoon is mine until DD gets home.

I hope you have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. They look very dapper in their finery, what fun Ruby will have with their new wardrobes xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl.
      Hope you are feeling better today.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Don't those dolls look fabulous!
    It's such good news about those boys. They must have been so frightened. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules.
      It's wonderful that they got them all out.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. What a talented dressmaker you are! Yes it's very good news about the boys...but sad for the rescuer who lost his life x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie.
      Yes it's incredibly sad that the Thai Navy Seal lost his life. Such a brave man.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. You are so clever, those dolls look fabulous!
    I think the whole world is excited about the boys getting out of the cave, so happy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Vix.
      I'm so glad that their ordeal is over and just so amazed at the bravery of the rescuers.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-