Pages

Followers

Monday 2 July 2018

Flagging A Bit!!!

Ooooh this heat is getting to me now and I am ready for a couple of rainy days to cool things down a bit.
There is a breeze today but it's not very cooling at all.

There are some biggish jobs that want doing but they are going to have to wait until I don't feel like I am going to pass out so I am mostly just pottering,  keeping everywhere tidy and killing flies. We seem to have so many this year I don't know why.

Apart from having a roast dinner at the pub yesterday we have barely eaten anything but salad for weeks now. I am loving it though. I may have forgotten how to cook by the time we need hot meals again...lol.
The Fajita style chicken I make is appearing rather regularly on the menu as we all love it. It's very quick to make and just so tasty.

Everything is looking dusty and dull out in the garden. We don't have a hosepipe ban here just yet but one is imminent so I am trying to do my bit by using waste water as we only have flowers and no veg to worry about. The lawns are brown and look horrible. I am hoping the back one will die altogether and then Andy will have to do something about it at last.

Most of my pottering is done for today so I am just about to start cutting out a few more dolls clothes to get rid of some fabric scraps and then I'll have a good pile ready to sew tomorrow.....or tonight if DD doesn't want to watch anything on tv. She is just so tired coming in from a day spent out under the blazing sun and I am greeting her at the door most nights with a long cool drink full of ice cubes to cool her down a bit.

Talking of cool drinks I think I need one myself.

Hope you're all enjoying the sun.....if you like it that is.
Sheila-x-


12 comments:

  1. Finally sucvumbed yesterday and bought a small handheld fan from Prime. It arrived this morning and it’s wonderful. I’m trying to back a quilt with fleece but have stopped as it’s given me heat rash through my cotton trousers-baa humbug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I am sewing teeny tiny garments Catriona. It satisfies my need to sew without covering myself in metres of fabric either quilting or making larger clothes.
      Keep cool with your new fan.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I like the sun, just not at this level. I used the hosepipe once to wash all the grime and set dust off the fruit trees. If the leaves are very badly coated they can not breath. I have some large water butts and the rain we had yesterday put some back that I had used. I have been sewing but today the heat seems more intense so the door has been shut on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shouldn't complain about the heat really when poor DD has no choice but to be out in it all day. She comes home absolutely frazzled. At least I can escape to the sewing room where the curtains are closed.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. This weather is beautiful but the gardens are getting in desperate need of a shower of rain.
    Meals are light and easy here too. Tomato and mozzarella tart tonight. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we eat any more chicken with our salad we'll be clucking Jules.
      The tomato and mozzarella tart sounds yummy.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I absolutely adore the weather especially after that awfully long winter we've had. I've been out in the garden every day in my bikini, football on the radio and sewing in the sunshine. I was born for this! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure my neighbours are quite ready for me in a bikini Vix...lol.
      I do love the brightness of the sun....just not the heat I'm afraid.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. We are suffering with effing flies too. Stay cool lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rachel....how the heck are you?
      We have those old fashioned fly papers they are pretty disgusting but they do catch a lot.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Feeling drained but loving the sunshine really...we had heavy thunder showers on Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I wouldn't give for a thunder shower right now....oooh bliss.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-